Armory disappearing legendary gems , it is not finished!

Over the course of the last PTR patch going live and the “a” patch I have just lost two legendary gems rank 135/138. This has happened from switching armory builds. They are just gone, not misplaced, not lost, but disappeared from inventory. I am very organized with inventory and gems both on character and in stash and and they have flat out just disappeared when switching armory builds. The armory was bugged before and now I’m losing gems, very high ranked gems. What gives?

Reply : Check Urshi (do a fast GR). If she sees them, they are somewhere on your character.
They are not anywhere in stash or in items.
Did you do as Dragon suggested and talk to Urshi? Does she see them?
Yes, I checked urshi and they are not seen.
Blizzard takes us for mentally retarded lgendary gems disappears from our inventory and they do nothing and it’s boring im very disapointed!

No we do not allucin it is not, I do not take drugs or alcohol and I have my whole head our legendary gems we really disappeared in addition it is vital for the deamon hunter that I will unfortunately no longer be able to r 'Thank you, Blizzard!

I’ll never figure out why some players equip their Follower(s) with Legendary Gems or Set items. They do not benefit from them, so they are a waste.

Check your Seasonal Demon Hunter’s Follower, the Enchantress. She has a Bane of the Trapped Legendary Gem in her Traveler’s Pledge.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/JOSH345-1994/hero/116583630

As to the other “missing” Legendary Gem, my guess is that it’s in a piece of Jewelry in your Stash or your DH’s Inventory.  

Something similar happened to. I share my high lvl gems between chars, so before switching to my Necromancer I unequipped my jewerly from my Wizard. So after I put my rings in stash, I loaded my Necro and used the armory to fast re-equip a build. Then my 100 lvl Bane of Trapped disappeared. Instead it equipped 0 lvl bane of trapped that I should have thrown away but decided to keep since we always get the gems back if they aren’t available in current char. I was affraid this “bug” happened to me since after carefully looking everywhere, the gem was gone. But reading this, I went through all my characters, turns out, after using the Armory on my Necromancer, the gem ended up on my Demon Hunter. I have no idea why, but I am a bit skeptical of the Armory now, and will probably avoid it in the future, even though it seems like a great feature, it seems to get confused when there are duplicate gems…

P.S. Of course, there is a small chance I was wearing the 0 lvl on my Wizard and left the high lvl one on the DH and didn’t notice, so… who knows, might be going crazy from playing too much. I guess a good strategy is to not keep duplicate gems around, it gets hard to manage

That’s because armory feature puts the highest level gem (both for legendary gem and normal gem) possible in your sockets. Your 100 BotT was on your DH. So armory put the highest BotT you had on your necro, a 0 level one. If you didn’t have one, armory would have shown the exclamation mark, alerting you that gem is missing. But as you had, it didn’t.

I had the same thing happen to me!
Several times now I’ve upgraded a gem in Diablo 3 seasonal to above lvl 25 and it has disappeared. Other times it happened in between playing, this time I just got the gogok of swiftness to lvl 25 and went back to hidden camp to install in amulet and the gem is gone. It’s not in my followers (I don’t really ever play with followers). I’m playing on a Nintendo switch.

If they are available to be upgraded at Urshi, then the gems are somewhere on you, in your bags, or in your stash. Most often they are socked in slan item that is in your stash, and thus difficult to spot.

2 Likes