Area damage from Heaven's fury not benefit from Shield of Fury

Dear developers.

Some players have confirmed that Shield of Fury doesn’t buff the Area damage generated from Heaven’s Fury.

We understand that it might have similar mechanism as Bane of the Stricken. But since you’ve put a cap on Shield of Fury, can you make it properly buff Area damage?

Thank you

3 Likes

Tested this as well. I note the same.

The area damage proc from heaven’s fury: fires of heaven is NOT scaling with the damage scaling / stacks provided from Shield of Fury.

In my testing:
Main damage from Heaven’s fury started at ~36M and scaled up to 700M to 900M over the course of the fight.

Noted area damage values of 16M - 50M even when damage was at it’s peak (after considerable amount of hits on target). This was at 50% area damage equipped.

Will link a video of my testing later today.

3 Likes

Here is a video of my testing. I tried to keep it short and sweet.

Testing is up front. Summary of the issue is at 4:23 mark.

Thanks to WorkWorkWork for the initial bug report.

So… Do you like that Area Damage isn’t scaling, or do you want to see it fixed?

I can see both sides - keeping area damage so that it is not working here would be helpful for group latency, but is definitely limiting to our gearing options as players. In particular the synergy with Pain Enhancer, Attack Speed and Area damage was one I was (sort of) looking forward to trying out.

4 Likes

Cratic, thank you for posting the video, we don’t have a proper recorder to do this, but what we did is basically the same. Your video clearly show the mechanism is broken.

We fully understand that when there’s no cap of Shield of Fury, such mechanism is necessary. But since it’ll have a cap soon, we think it’s fair to make SoF as a normal debuff, affecting AD as most other debuffs do.

2 Likes

Can confirm this as well. It is currently in line with bane of the stricken ad% mechanics but I still think, especially with the recent cap of 20 on the shield of fury, that this should be changed!

4 Likes