Are we going to get a legitimate Season 26 theme?

Oh wow… Mate… You’re way overestimating the power of group play.

There’s wudi and raxx (linked above) that did exactly that, cleared 150 playing only solo (and on harcore). They do play many hours per day, but their monk 150 clears were withing a couple days, so well below 50 hours playtime total. Dieoxide above also did all the rank 1 clears. Don’t think he was technically 100% solo only, but if you’ve watched his stream, he is usually getting less XP/h when in a group, because he is nice and playing with ppl below his level, and almost always with random group compositions very far from meta runs (“sure, join in”), so it’d be quite unfair to accuse him of OP META RUNS!

The streamers are obviously mechanically very skilled though. I am an example myself otherwise, kindof tryhard, but not with the skills of the streamers. I’ve played maybe 3hours per day average last two season. Plenty of time for work and life outside D3. 100% legit, no thud, no bots, no macros. Some in groups, but a lot solo, especially S25 I found it hard to find groups, and towards the end of S24. I reached 3900 and 3600 paragon I think. I soloed GR148 S24 with firebirds (got a 15:03 finish at solo GR150, but no cigar… :frowning: ), and of course soloed GR150 on innas S25 like everyone else. Also got a rank 1 GR145 clear on a minor set leaderboard in the second half of the season.

I’ve been doing both, so let me break down the difference between solo and group.

• XP/h. But last two season, we’ve had builds that are quite strong in solo XP as well: mirror image fire birds and fire innas, so I’d say I got around 80% of the XP solo as what I’d get in a group with ppl at my level. Both builds soloed 130-135 range in 3-5min average, innas a bit faster than mirrors. It’s nice solo, because you never have to wait for others, you don’t lose time trying to find players, etc, so I could decrease town time a fair bit solo, which increases XP/h. If I had played only SSF, I would’ve lost maybe 20% of my XP, which translates into 7% less paragon points (paragon scales with cube of total XP above 2250p), so I would’ve been maybe 300 paragon points behind. This translates into 1500 main stat, which is around 5% damage for me with ~30k main stat. 5% damage is less than a third of a GR level.
  • equipped gem ups. Playing gems could be level to 150 solo this S25 easy, so S25 not a difference. S24 not quite the case, I’d probably be playing with level 145 gems or maybe slightly higher. Even with 140 gems, you’d get a 57% damage bonus from bane of the trapped instead of 60%, which is a 1 - 1.57/1.6 2% damage decrease. With three damage gems (the effect is smaller on stricken, and no effect on enforcer with mirrors, but lets ignore that), it is a 6% dps loss total. Again, a third of a GR level.
  • augment gems. I’d do around 141 augments probably. Both innas and mirrors could solo farm GR140 comfortably. So that’d be 9 times 13 items lots (although rings and amulet may not be ancient), 117 levels, which means losing just below 600 main stat, meaning another 2% or so of damage, 0.15 GR levels I think?

Putting everything together, had I played solo only, I would’ve lost at most 1 GR level S24 and S25, probably less. Which would’ve been GR147 S24, still GR150 S25, and I’d have a rank 1 GR144 on minor set leaderboard. And I’d have 3600 and 3300 paragon points instead.

I think the most constructive way to continue this discussion is for you to tell us what builds you’re running, share your profile with your gear, and maybe we can help you clear higher more easily. I don’t know much about what you’re playing or how much, but we might be able to suggest some changes that’ll allow you to enjoy the game more.

1 Like

Guess I have triggered a lot of players, but yeah I admit I was wrong with the max 125-130 GR SOLO.
I was frustrated, cause I was stuck at 127 GR with the my GoD build…

I did 136 GR with M6 Cluster Arrow today on my second account though which is my personal highiest cleared GR SOLO ever

I had a bad day when I was writing that post previously, well honestly a bad year from the beginning (tragedy in family), so I let my frustatration have the best of me…

I admit after browsing the leaderboards that doing over 130 GR is possible as even I managed to clear a 136 GR with 1310 paragon and average items without dying playing on my outdated PC (that can’t even run D2R -.-) in 1024x768 windowed mode…

Some people might be able to even clear a 140-150 GR SOLO, I for one am happy that I could finaly break the 130 GR wall…

As for METAs or streamers I have nothing against them as far none of them starts complaining about any build being OP and starts asking for nerfs just, cause some players managed to SOLO 140-150 GR in season with a relative low paragon level, not maxed out gems or BIS items…
Just because some people are capable of doing it, doesn’t mean they have the right to demand nerfs, cause for them the game is too easy and ruin it for those who can’t, cause they either don’t have that much time to play or aren’t that good at the game…

1 Like

Congratulations. Feels good to get a personal record, regardless of the leaderboards, right? I know I felt good when I did the same thing.

1 Like

This is a legit season theme. What many may not realize is that it gives the dev team an equal slate between all classes and sets. One build won’t have more power granted by the season theme than another. IE S25 and S24.

I think this is an excellent idea to 1:1 judge each specs power. This will let them do a huge balance update for S27 (I hope)

Hopium + Blizzard = Disappointment (20 years experience with them taught me that) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

While my first impression is that I’m not excited by the S26 theme as much as some previous seasons, I think a season where we are basically playing non-seasonal builds in a special seasonal activity is fine.

It’s more interesting to me than some of the older themes like double-goblins anyway. This patch contains a number of good changes, but there is still work to do on balancing of several sets (Necro!!!). If the devs don’t use the data from this season to make significant balancing changes next time around, it will be a major missed opportunity.

Grats on your new personal best clear! If you aren’t to prideful to ask for help, I’m sure many people would assist you on reaching higher goals if you would allow it.

Ironically enough, there are streamers who would do just that. I personally stop whatever I’m doing on a live broadcast to do gear checks or show them mechanics in game, as well as do runs to make sure the individual has the hang of it. But, I get it, we’re all terrible people, so :frowning:

There are going to be times where some builds clearly do need a nerf. Monks absolutely needed a nerf. When a build has the ability to invalidate content (solo 150 GR’s on speed farm without high paragon or much playtime invested), then it definitely needs some tweaking. This has nothing to do with being a streamer, most people here on the forums knew it needed a nerf.

We all may disagree with each other in terms of how to nerf or how far it should go, and or agree/disagree with blizzards approach to it, but the common consensus most agreed on is that Inna’s Fire monk was too strong. There’s nothing wrong with not wanting to make end game obsolete :slight_smile:

Good to know that some streamers want to help out some players get highier clears, but most unfortunately think that just because they can get up to 3000 or even past 5000 paragon in season and speed farm 140-150 GR in 6 minutes or even barely finish it in 14 minutes they think the build they used needs a nerf, which is just wrong…

Like I already said in another thread ALL class sets should be able to clear 150 GR with just 1500-2000 paragon and at least 120-130 rank legendary gems with 120-130 augments.
This would make it fair for ALL players out there and wouldn’t FORCE players into playing META to achieve over 3000 or 6000 paragon in seasons…
To prevent META players from reaching over 5000 paragon in first week of season, Devs should just CAP it at 5000 and completely rework how many points transfer to non season from the current system to HALF of the max paragon you gained in season, for example if you have 3000 paragon in non season and end season with 2000 paragon than you get 1000 paragon transfered to non season.
This way EVERYONE gains, not only players who spend over 10h a day whole season in META groups…

The current state of game strongly benefits botters, exlpoit abusers or other T-HUD users…

Nerfs on the other hand accomplish NOTHING. Anyone saying any build is too strong, probably always ends up season with at least 3000 or even over 6000 paragon, so for him everything is too easy…

It’s mind blowing that the ONLY community on this forum that GETS it are the BARBS:man_facepalming:
Unfortunately as expected any changes they wish to see in game are ofc completely IGNORED, just like to any other classes, like making CHAKRAM, ELEMENTAL ARROW skills good enough for up too 120 or even 140 GR (max 150 GR pushing), same PHALANX for crusaders and many other skills of other classes that are completely useless or extremely underpowered…
Won’t even mention about Blackthorne…
The only time I actually agreed to a SINGLE nerf to a build was the GoD one, proposed by dmkt (hope I didn’t misspel his nickname) where he wanted to increase the primary skills damage up to 60000 or at leat 50000%, so other skills like bolas for example could be used with GoD…
No nerf ever did anything good for the game, only limited the already abysmal build diversity for pushing the highiest GRs possible with lowest paragon, so you could choose between class sets or even LoD builds…

You’ll sooner win the lottery than Blizz ever listens, to us or even keep his promise like with the emanate system which for Followers in terms of damage NOTHING at all just a slight maybe 5 GR bonus and ofc like expcted we probably won’t ever see any new items added to the emanate list EVER…
Same as expecting to see:

• Ubers portals close after 30 or 60 seconds,
  • Rama gifts adding sockets to jewelry,
  • Lowered the number of torments to 10 (T1 would be like GR10 up to T10 like GR100) instead of 16 and adjusting the season journey to it,
  • Adding new or reworking the current recipe to allow reforging primals to primals and ancients to ancients,
  • Armory actually STORING items,
  • Loot pets LOOTING Blood shards, ubers organs, crafting mats,
  • Increased Blood Shards cap or even the amount you gain per GR cleared,
  • Making 4th Kanai Cube, Ethereals and Soul Shard part of the game, so you don’t have grind for hundreds of hours to get thousands of paragons to clear 140-150 GR (some might do it with just 1000 or 1500, cause they got lucky with rolls while others need much more),
  • making achievements more interesting, by giving special rewards for completing them like some special cosmetics or even increased damage for specific skills or used items,
  • Making Asheara set for followers actually strong enough to easily farm up to 120-130 GR or even highier,
  • Reworking paragon and increase the values on CHD, CHC, CD and resource reduction,
  • Buffing the underperforming legendary gems or even add some new ones,
  • Increasing the amount of crafting mats including bounty cashes and ubers organs, GR keys dropped by even 5 or 10 times for mats and uber organs and at least 2 or 3 times for GR keys (they would drop in stacks),

Yeah I know that for all in here obsessed with “game balance” it’s all just “more POWAH CREEP”, but for many players that don’t get lucky with items or can’t spend even 3 or 4h a day to play the game all these changes would allow to theorycraft for much more interesting builds even they would only be good enough for speed farming T16 only or bounties, but I bet that many underperforming ones would be able even clear 120 GR or highier, without needing to join Rat Runs or META even if you have bad luck with item rolls…
Sure if there would be a strong season theme like shards was or ethereals some players would probably reach 140-150 GR with even 1500 or less in first week of season, which personaly I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST
The whole DEVs idea of that you need to have at least 3000 paragons to be able to clear a 130 GR and highier only catters to botters and META players the most which is ludacris and just plain stupid…
There are much better ways to make the game much more challenging than pointless nerfs, but even if you actually post any on forums, you’ll get the same treatment like from Blizz devs…
Too bad devs don’t care about they WHOLE playerbase, just the selective few…

PS.

Tried out the “OP” Monk build and I can’t believe it, but I actually prefered it if it didn’t depend so much on the 2 pieces Shenlong set, cause I have no idea how people are doing 150 GR with it… It’s a nightmare to play… Haven’t died this often in years (on 130 GR at least)…
Too bad all the most OP builds are the biggest pain to play with…
Wish the 2h Daibo were buffed much highier instead than having to depend on Shenlongs…

I don’t plan on playing this season… but your experience doesn’t mean the game needs to be terrible for others.

Why?

There are many many legit players that achieve much stronger characters than that, and they would be denied the possibility to push their limits.

As I said above, I personally think blizzard should embrace the power creep, but to do that, they need to increase the GR150 cap. Unfortunately they’ve said that they won’t, some say due to technical limitations. Without increased GR cap, continued power creep would remove pushing from the game, and leaderboards would be who can speed run GR150 the fastest, which is not as fun. Pushing into as high GR as you can (solo or as group) is an integral part of the game for many, and power creep without increasing GR150 cap would remove that aspect of the game. It’s already been removed in group play for a few season unfortunately, and this S25 removed it for a few solo builds at high enough paragon, and not even that high paragon for monks… I don’t know you, but if for example GR120 was the maximum GR, maybe it would take away part of the fun for you as well.

I personally refuse to believe more than 300 players are legit by seasons end with 2000+ paragon. I consistently see bots every season I play. Like you can see when a season is released, figure out how many days it’s been out, multiply that by 24hrs in a day, and most of these people have 20hrs/day played on their character sheets for that particular season…
if blizzard cracked down on bots, I think maybe 200 people MAX would still be playing 4-5weeks into a season.

1 Like