Are Trust Level 3 Requirements Too High?

Nothing to apologize for Perusoe, but thanks.

1 Like

Probably by the License-key theyā€™re registered to.

Hi, I have a question regarding this thread that might help with the requirements for T3 trustworthy. For starters Iā€™m an average joe when it comes to computers and not that great when it comes to understanding tech. Tech confuse me when talk deep enough even though I try to learn. Also, my disability makes it hard for me to understand so I apologize if Iā€™m not on key or using the correct terminology.

Now my question. To test posters to reach T3 base on what Blizzard lay out can they also have a system where it can test out the other things of character so they fit in T3 area? What I mean by that is proving some sort of information like ā€œprove your not a robotā€ like some sites do by having a person match to the question. Of course it has to be greater than that. That was just an example.

Can they do that to added on top of the requirements to achieve T3 trustworthy system or is it too complex to do?

The flags have to be confirmed by a moderator and have to be derived from 5 unique posts and five unque users. Hopefully, the moderators will use appropriate judgment in their flag confirmation to prevent abuse.

2 Likes

No, each account has its own License-Key. We canā€™t post under different names on the same LK. Forums that allow that go soooo out of control that it isnā€™t funny. Just imagine one account posting with 5 aliasā€™s, the guy could run a 200 comment thread all by himself and suffer nothing more than the development of a nasty case of multiple personalities.

@Wise

Your suggestion (eg Captcha) asks the question ā€œare you human?ā€

As I see it, the Trust Levels attempts to answer this question:

Are you a good witch? Or a bad witch?

(Glenda from ā€œThe Wizard of Ozā€)

This is done by looking at your actions. Becauseā€¦

Actions speak louder than words

That is the best non-technical explanation i can give.

That does make sense and I see where I made an mistake. Iā€™m going to edit it now.

I know that. Thatā€™s not what I said or meant.

Iā€™m one person. I can buy 5 copies of D3. Each copy has itā€™s own License-key. I can register each License-key with separate Accounts. Now, Iā€™m still one person, with 5 copies of D3 and 5 D3 Accounts. But, stillā€¦ each of those 5 License-keys are registered with Blizzard for 1 personā€¦ me.

And, MissCheetah said:

Now, if I give a friend the information to one of those Accounts and they abuse it, Iā€™m still the one responsible for it.

So, when you asked:

I thought you meant one person, with mutiple Accounts, logging in from different locations. Maybe even using a VPN. But, in this example, whether it is me or a friend abusing one of my Accounts from another location, all 5 License-keys are registered to me and Iā€™m the one responsible for all 5 Accounts.

So, in other words, Blizzard might not actually know if itā€™s me abusing the Account or my friend. But, they do know who is registered to those License-keys. And the owner of the License-key is the one that will be held responsible.

(At least, thatā€™s the way I understand it).

Understood. BUT for the truly treacherousā€¦ I would never consider purchasing 2 or more copies of the game and putting all of them under my name, or even under matching email addresses. As to modes of paymentā€¦ copies can still be purchased at WalMart and Iā€™m certain they donā€™t forward my Credit Card info to blizzard. Like I said, old age and treachery will win out every time.

Thatā€™s a Discourse issue. Itā€™s trivially easy to have the parser give you clickable links only at TL3 (TL2 for specific sites) and in all other cases just plain text. Thatā€™s really the only true rub with the system (itā€™s a frustrating one for less tech savvy players that try to seek help in the TS/CS areas of the various game fora).

In all honesty, I only have one copy of D3:RoS.

Blizzard may have changed their registration process. I started my Account when D2 was first released. So, it was a long time ago. And I purchased the game locally, at a gaming software store, not through Blizzard. But, when I registered the CD-key, I still had to provide Blizzard with a real name, permanent address and an email address. And they checked the information for legitimacy before accepting the registration. I remember that because I hit a couple of wrong keys when typing the information, tried to submit it with typos and received a message that the information was invalid. Once I corrected the typos, the registration was accepted.

If there are ways to get around that, Iā€™m not aware of it.

Well, this is all new to me. Iā€™m not tech-savvy. And, itā€™s the reason I started my Testing Grounds thread. :laughing:

If Iā€™m not sure how to do something Iā€™ll test it out over there before I post it. And if it gets where I canā€™t embed videos, images and clickable links, Iā€™ll just post un-clickable links for them. (Where thereā€™s a will, thereā€™s a way). :wink:

Thanks for the info. :beer:

Yeah? Hereā€™s the scary part for you. I look at the TL3 requirements as someone who probably frequented the old forum too much and had roughly 12,000 posts on the old D3 board - and I donā€™t think I can make or keep TL3. Thatā€™s how out there the requirements currently are, in terms of reading and forum presence.

1 Like

I had almost 40,000 posts (across all Blizzard forums on the old format over 10 years) and I canā€™t keep TL3 I donā€™t think. Why? I tend to only post when I need to help folks and donā€™t read every thread. Not every thread is something I can comment on. I donā€™t do class theory crafting or anything. I donā€™t just read and post on everything for no reason.

It is one of the reasons I am happy I have the green thing. It gives me TL3 which is nice. I need to be able to do clickable links to help folks.

If our forums are slow enough that there are not enough posts, within reason, to maintain TL 3 they do have the ability to change that I think.

3 Likes

Yeah, check out EUā€™s General Discussion. Nine days since the forum changeover and thereā€™s only 23 threads with a total of 213 posts. If we extrapolate that out for 100 days, thatā€™d be 256 threads and 2357 posts. Yet to obtain TL3, you need to have viewed 500+ threads and 20,000 posts. Itā€™s like I said over on EU, unless people are manually granted TL3 itā€™s neither obtainable or maintainable.

4 Likes

I know. I am keeping an eye on it. There have been discussions going back years about merging the ENG EU forums with the US. Many other things are US only like Bug Reports. I feel the separate language forums have a value as not everyone speaks English or wants to. I mean, I do my best to bridge my basic second or third languages with Google Translate but that still is not good.

The other factor is that moving it all to the US puts people out of jobs.

I think from my view it might be best to manually grant trust levels on the EU forums.

Grant it to the people who are helpful and contribute to the community. Thatā€™s my suggestion. Iā€™d love to see more activity on the EU forums to be honest as Iā€™m from EU myself. :blush:

1 Like

I also think that that is the way it will need to work on most European forums.

ā€¦ and when I try to write some more about it, and I did try 4 or 5 times, the text quickly becomes unfit for posting on a public forumā€¦ :anger: and :skull_and_crossbones: and :exploding_head:
so, I will stop here. Perhaps I will find the words laterā€¦

And situations like that are why Trust levels on the whole are kind of silly. Almost everywhere except the English forum youā€™re gonna have an all or nothing situation. Either the requirements will be so over the top compared to what actually gets posted that nobody will be able to reach it, or everyone will be able to reach it.

For TL3 requirements on the US forum, the most challebging thing is the 20,000 posts read over 100 days. If the post rate stays similar to the first 10 days, one would need to read half of all posts.

MissCheetah is incredibly helpful and worthy of TL3 due to being an MVP; however, she is averaging only 180 posts read daily and would not earn TL3 with the current requirements. I think this highlights the fact that the TL3 requirements should be kess strenuous.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it is higher than that! I read most of the threads I care about on General at least. Then again, I suppose if we count only NEW posts that I care about you might be right. Of course, I always read Tech and Bug but those donā€™t get many threads (which is actually good).