Are They Sitting On Season 25?

Maybe season 25 is done, ready for testing, but Blizzard is afraid of getting backlash because of all of the D2R problems. I didn’t really think of this before, but considering how sensitive they (D2 players) are, I wonder if they are afraid of them blowing up over it.

1 Like

I think it is not unlikely at the moment. They also detached some threads. Lets hope the drop something next week :slight_smile:

EDIT: They did not detache something. It was my mistake.

2 Likes

I think season 25 is on hold until they fix all the D2R problems. And there are many!

8 Likes

Do you have a source for this?

I took the 29th Friday off. Lets make it happen.

1 Like

there is 0 chance of it being in less then 2 weeks.

1 Like

They’re not sitting on S25 exactly. My assumption is that S24 was a big hit that they’re still evaluating feedback on it. So I’m not surprised if they prolong it slightly.
Carrying this kind of overpowered weapon loot hunt to the game is easy part, remove something from the pool, add something else and it’s done. Hard part is doing that without hurting the hybrid builds or messing everything up by pure lazy instincts and allowing randomization to overwhelm the new items.

S24 is tiresome and old-hat. 25 should already be on the PTR.

1 Like

What I think that could be happening is that the problems with D2 might stall season 25 because the D3 devs could be trying to help the D2R devs get the servers fixed. That is what the special post about 2 days ago on the D2R forums talked about.

This is a good possibility because Blizz teams do work that way. Blizz pulls teams from other games in times of crisis to help out teams of other games. I would count the server issues a crisis. That is what will cause a delay for the next season.

The second reason why it is delayed is because they don’t want to start season 25 too close to the start of the first ladder season. They don’t want an overlap with season 25 and ladder season 1 of D2R. Heck even the new Scourge League may have a small factor now that we are about five days before it starts.

1 Like

The PTR will be about a week or so after it’s announced (and yes there is no way they are saying anything until D2:R stuff is somewhat fixed), and then you got 2 weeks of PTR and then another 2 weeks after that before the season ends, and another week after that until the next season starts.

The earliest possible date that I can even fathom the next season will be is December 2nd (or 3rd), but more likely December 16th-17th.

1 Like

There were times in early seasons where they didn’t have a PTR, they just announced the season. How much more OP can they make toons with what they are already done. Maybe some new set items.

And D2 and D3 are totally different departments. Not everyone plays D2. I do, but not everyone.

They do have a lot to contend with though. COVID, the new laws worldwide regarding vaccines, the release of DIIR, DIV releases, and Immortal developement.

YOu also have other major games released.

So maybe this season will go for six months

1 Like

Cause they can’t :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, I really wanted to play D2, but some of the decisions they made pissed me off.
I don’t see the characters as faithful recreation of the originals.
No LAN capability.
The game lacks quality of life improvements such as better interface and control scheme (similar to that of D3) due to moronic purists, who haven’t played a single game other than D2 in their life. I love D2, but there’s a room for improvement.

The state of the game since closed beta. I knew all the issues would translate into live. People didn’t believe me. Now they can’t play properly for almost a month since the game came out.

The recent explanation as to the problems with how they save characters and how they… effectively DDoSed their own world wide data base with requests from their regional servers (it wasn’t said with those words, but it’s how it came out) gave me a good laugh…

5 Likes

Personally, they can take their time with Season 25. I’m still struggling to find all the ethereals… In fact, I have been playing off and on over 2 months trying to find just two more for the crusader. (Part of the problem is I don’t like playing sader and part of the problem is time available to play). I finally got after it a bit yesterday, revamped into a different build, figuring it out, but at least now grinding at T16/GR75 instead of T12ish…

Not that I have found any more ethereals yet though. Thousands of legendaries, but notta. Yet.

Ugh. I want to grind some other ones before the season ends. I have a grand total of 4 found. Got all the Barb ones in the first couple weeks of the season. But only one Sader since then. :open_mouth:
Anyway.

So yeah, Season 25 can just take its time.

Game on.

2 Likes

As long as you’ve got some puzzle rings, you can get them all in a couple of hours…

I had the Feat of Strength in the first week of the season this way.

1 Like

EDIT: Sorry was my mistake I just looked at it logged out and notice they are still there. I am sorry for confusing

Would be nice if I had goblin rings to do that. Hell I only buy rings as it is from Kadala. And constantly out of mats to upgrade them.

Game hates me this season. Unlike last season where I got everything I needed to make my build work within a few hours. LOL

RnG at its finest. Besides I really don’t want to do that method, feels almost like cheating, though I did look into it. Might, if I can nail down the Crusader items first. I have limited character space, can’t just willy nilly roll up characters. When you use characters as mules and have a mostly full stash, you have to compromise. I’m doing the roll-a-character-find-the-eths-then-delete-that-one-and-make-another method. lol

Start a new character that is NOT a Wizard, Barbarian or Necromancer. So level just one Crusader, Demon Hunter, Witch Doctor or Monk, up to 31 then start gambling rings from Kadala as you fill your maximum bloodshard amount. By the odds, whenever you get a legendary ring, you have a third chance for it to be the Puzzle Ring.
It took me around 20 puzzle rings because Greed is still random with reduced odds and sometimes only drops the helms and nothing else.

Again, gimmick method. Yeah, I know about that. But that doesn’t help me at the moment. lol

I would have to delete a character to roll one up to 31 to do that. And that’s not something I’m prepared to do at this time. I guess it will end where it ends, not like I have hundreds of hours available to play anyway.

Im hoping ptr will be up on the 29th

My fear is that the d2 horde will be all like, you got a server to test d3 but i cant even login to play d2r, blah blah blah.

I think blizz is trying to avoid that.

2 Likes

So they shoot one foot hoping to appease the other one. Great logic.

1 Like