Are they done adding characters to D3?

I know they want all the D3 characters to be integrated to the D3 story saga.

Is it really necessary?

I would like to see a D3 druid. No story integration necessary. I would be just happy to see the Druid, Assassin, or Amazon in D3. Again, no story integration necessary. I would be happy to see them in the game.

Is someone going to hold back additional D3 characters just because of the tedious work to integrate all the additional characters into the story line?

I imagine there may be such a person. A person that wants a well made well rounded game without any lose ends like “we need to make that character part of the story…” WHY? GIVE US MORE FUN!!!

Is the reason most of the talented D3 programmers may have left the company?

Assassin and Amazon are unlikely to become playable characters as DH is already a combination of both. Also in the case of Amazons, only females are warriors and playable characters need to be available for both genders,

Druid was teased a couple years ago, fairly soon after the necro was released. There were some indicators, like the Fiacla-Gear wings from season 12 which were a reference to the first druid of the same name. Maybe there was a plan to add druid to D3 but in the end they decided to add it to D4 instead.

2 Likes

As of right now, It’ll be unlikely for any of those classes to make an appearance in Diablo 3 as a playable class, even if we ignore the lore aspect. However it may be possible for those classes to make a return in Diablo 4 (Druid has already been confirmed to one of the starting playable classes in Diablo 4).

1 Like

D3 is pretty much dead in the water. The best you can hope for is some minor bug fixes and tweaks and maybe the occasional new legendary item/seasonal theme. Nothing big and new is coming to D3. What you have now is all there’s ever going to be.

And because they really suck on their own.

D3 is 8.7 years old, don’t count on anything major. Bring on D4.

1 Like

Unlikely, and if yes, 100% as a paid-for DLC. Which I would pay for btw.

6 Likes

Agreed on all counts. Also, many of the later add-ons in the Northern Realms were thought of to be a Druid-based area according to some youtube theorists and the developers changed their minds and simply added them into the game minus the Druid. So agreed, unlikely, only in D4.

2 Likes

All I ever wanted was a Necro that could summon an army of 30 skeletons… I didn’t like how the D2 Necro transitioned to D3 :frowning:

1 Like

I’m on the fence about that. On the one hand, the army of undead minions was fun to watch, and they could tear into elites quite handily. But on the other hand, they exploded the instant a boss looked in their general direction and you couldn’t replace them, and they were practically useless in tight spaces.

Win some, lose some.

Bought me the necro because it came with 2 stash tabs.
I am 100% sure I’d buy another new class if it comes with at least two stash tabs.

I would pay for additional content as well.

2 Likes

probably done but i´m keeping fingers crossed for druid, which i too would pay for.

1 Like

So much doom & groom.

Dead will be like Marvel Avenger, or that Amazon game no one remembered.

D3 sequel D4 is in the work, & by reasonably a continuity of the franchise.

I would say that unless they have plans to spend more money on D3 then the answer is yes they are done adding characters to this game. There is a whole lot of work that has to be done to add new classes to a game that doesn’t even have to do with story.

In order to have new classes Blizz would have to have devs that can make skills for the class, set items as well around 5 of them like the other classes. Then they would need support legendaries to go with them. All of work and more just to add a new class. That is not likely gonna happen unless they have a secret expansion for this game.

The Necro would’ve no doubt been part of that second expansion that was cancelled. That is why we got the Necro. It wasn’t just because it was the most asked for. It was also because it was what they would’ve given for the expansion if it had been made.

Based on what? By the time the alleged second expansion was canned, the necro was not even in the heads of the concept artists.

The necro announcement actually coincides with the cancellation of the first iteration of D4. When that happened, a lot of devs were left with nothing to do for a significant amount of time. We got the necro because the devs needed something to develop.

Hmm, I guess then the Crusader was a DLC that didn’t come from RoS, right. That is just one piece of evidence the other was the cancellation of the second expansion. Blizz is known for adding in classes in expansions to their games.

I what proof do you have that the Necro is not still slated for D4 release. You do realize how popular the class is right.

Just because they announce something doesn’t mean that they weren’t working on it prior to the announcement.

You’ll see them in D4. Please let this game rest in peace already

The game is with the Classic team, the Seasonal theme and small balance changes are impressive for the small team.

New characters would require significantly more development resource.