Are Danettes really useless?

I have several of these, but if there is no GR build, then salvage.

What do you think?

thanks!

They are as useful as Blackthorne…

I seem to recall using them for one of the DH set dungeons so that Vault cost Hatred rather than Discipline, making it a lot easier to get around. Might have been the Unhallowed Essence set dungeon but can’t be sure. I’ve also sometimes used them for the seasonal conquest for killing all bosses in under 20 minutes for the same reason. I don’t recall seeing any builds actually making use of them for competitive play.

In its current form, Danetta’s are only useful when maximum speed is needed for things like conquests involving map exploration (e.g. Boss Mode or Sprinter).

2 Likes

I used to use Krelm’s belt for Boss Mode when it’s a conquest - then pop WH back on before the fight.

Might need a rethinking with UE/CC now…

And Rainbow Goblin farming!

Yes, quite useless for any higher GRs, much to my lament. :sob:

Or use a WD Turbo Chicken :slight_smile: That’s what I used in my tireless quest to obtain the Cosmic Wings. Only had to find about 200 of them…

Got them (Cosmic Wings) on a random bounty public game last season :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m 0/351.

I mix it up, sometimes wizard, sometimes dash monk, sometimes DH. Gotta keep stuff fresh, ya know?

Chicken doc honestly isn’t the best in my opinion. It’s a bit slower than wiz/DH, and quite a bit slower than monk. The speedrun community would probably rank monk >> DH/wiz > WD > barb/necro/sader.

At least, those are what the record times are at right now anyway. Check out the Any% NG+ (basically Sprinter/Speed Racer) times: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - speedrun.com

Any build that’s good for solo Sprinter is a top notch choice for Rainbow farming. Same principle, move as fast as possible on low difficulties. I usually do T1, just so you get the few extra Imperial Gems and Blood Shards.

Wiz probably used to be in the same tier as WD (so a little behind DH), but Echoing Fury moved wiz up a tier (at least for more advanced Archon Teleport variant, anyway).

Chicken doc does have a couple things going for it, basically because it’s the fastest of the run-based builds (as compared to the teleport/vault/dash builds). As a run-based build, it’s easier to pick up. Max speed vault/dash/TP have a steeper learning curve as you figure out how to not run into stuff while TPing at max speed. And second, with vault/dash/TP, there’s some issues with rubberbanding etc. at higher latency. If you are 100+ ms you’re going to have a pretty janky time with vault/dash/TP, but you’ll still have a relatively smooth experience with a chicken doc.

Chicken doc will give a very consistent experience for less experienced runners and/or players with high latency. But once you start getting into the more advanced builds, it’s going to fall a bit behind wiz/DH. And nothing is even close to a good dash monk.

Just my two cents as an avid solo Sprinter runner (I’ve done it solo on monk, wiz, DH, and WD) and a Rainbow farmer.

Moot point, actually - I got the wings, so…