Arcane Orb and Wizard Spike

That’s totally fair, but I like to see how far I can push the GRs every season, which is why I’m not too concerned about little bits of power creep. Otherwise, you’re just not getting anywhere.

1 Like

Also found that during testing with WizSpike that with a 1 proc Glacial Spike skill, it was only procd 1 in 10 shots. So, a real world 10% instead of the advertised 25%.

Must have an ICD.

I’m hoping the new one is a complete revamp and these limitations are removed, or its just going to be a lot of wasted time for an unused item.

Skills from MIs are only buffed by global or explicit dmg for the most part. Few exceptions I know of. Unstable scepter and Triumvirate do buff the MI AOs. They also scale with attack speed. I made a pretty fun Tals build that had them as support. Take away any skills that they use except AO from your bar and they actually clear fairly well. Could do something with Vyrs too.

A few seasons back I played FO hard. I used death wish as the support. Cast two orbs, then channel. Guess that wouldn’t work now. The global buff from DW is about the same as the buff from the proposed wizard spike. I just don’t think it’s enough.

I’ll be on tomorrow night if either of you want to PTR together.

It might be interesting to try an unstable/fracture/fo/tasker/f&r/squirts/enforcer/DMO build.

Might also try a straight Magic Missile build with clones/DMO as well. Stacking Taskers/Fragment/Shame/Mirrorball/DMO might be a speed-shotgun as well.

I may get on about 9pm CST. I only play PTR, so I’ll definitely be on during the next 2 weeks.

I actually found it really odd they decided to buff Arcane Orb. Obviously Energy Twister needed all the help in the world but Orb was still a top contender. Sure Vyrs beat it solo, but that was about it and honestly not even by much at all, Vyrs was just easier since it was obviously better for speeds. Then there’s Vyrs with Arcane Orb but that’s another story (go Lulu!)

Orb was way more group friendly than Vyrs for push due to timed attacks and Area damage, everyone just got discouraged because QQ no more OP Bazooka build and didn’t try anything else (cannot blame them, obviously not enough to compete with WD/Necro) . So now LoD Reverse Archon Orb is going to be out of control in a group setting with the seasonal theme and still very high without it. I think it overshadowed Energy Twister yet again.

I think hydras should have been buffed even more with like an attack speed buff, Arcane Orb like half the buff it is and Energy Twister twice the buff they gave it IMO.

But you know that’s cool, whatever gets us back into any form of meta. Can just build this and laugh at everything in 4p. Only about 100QT damage per orb after moderate AD and casual augmenting / paragons, no worries :joy:: https://ptr.d3planner.com/593849711

I played FO hard back when star pact just started. I used DW to buff every two casts. It was very far from star pact. Of cour reverse archon could pump those numbers up, but without archon it shouldn’t be OP. Is it on the lb?

1 Like

Yep top spot in fact @ 140 without reverse archon. It’s very top competitive, hardly even needed the item buff. Twisters need a hell of a lot more.

From an item / paragon comparison I’d say Arcane Orb is like 3-4 GR’s above hydra…not that bad, but around 7-10 GR’s higher than Twister

I personally see it as a problem that you can get very high pushes by using two gimmicks (reverse archon, tap channel for deathwish bonus one second later -check lexyu on youtube). Because this will preclude fixing the build. Right now dmo is very squishy since you drop ooid for wizardspike and lod has no reason to exist: lower multiplier than dmo + traveler, loses mobility due to no aether walker which made it a good speed option.

1 Like

:joy: it was a strong contender ever since. Blizz seems to forget about this and if they dont nerf the crusader during phase 2 of the ptr, they wont even see this one coming.

If something else happens to hydras aswell (or the AoV gets another hit) it may even be a choice to pick a wizards as RGK

That’s including death wish? Then yeah, that will be higher. Without death wishin the fourth spot though it won’t be a lot higher than it used to be. At least the death wish multiplier is very similar to wizard spikes. I guess DMO is up 50% too.

I personally think the stacking of multipliers is stupid. Reverse archon and channel. It’s why I barely play.

1 Like

due to how death wish´s mechanics work its hardly a channel build at all.

you channel for 0.2 seconds, then press arcane orb and it deals its full damage.
Its once more a thing for a well built macro to hit perfect timings. But hey thats how wizard is nowadays

I have raged and wailed against both for years. literally years. Had better success negotiating with the dog to stay off the counter than D3 devs promoting their own game :frowning:

1 Like

Nope not Deathwish, just Wizardspike.

Yeah I agree with the whole channel and reverse archon thing.

By the way, new wizardspike does not work when wielded by a DH. Legacy version does however… Was trying to play with an S4/A3/CC3 Bolas setup, but no Proc…:sleepy:

That’s good, though. I’m still annoyed Buriza works on Arcane Orb, though it specifically says DH-only.

Why are restrictions like this “good”?

Its just idiocy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3witchdoctors/comments/27c1td/buriza_works_with_wd_skills/

also this :
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1ukb0l/ptr_buriza_interactions_some_are_quite_cool/

:rofl::rofl:

I’m sure Blizz will hotfix to ruin it now.

BTW, Buriza has worked on wiz forever. I know I posted about it years ago.