AOV Push Query?

Hi guys, old to D3 but new to Crusader. First time playing AOV and all the maxroll etc sites say that the pigsticker + shield of fury is the best for pushing and the Norvold set is for over 3k paragon.

However I see most of the top clears (apart from bombardment) are done by the norvold set and a couple of players only have 1k paragon!

IS the Norvald set now better than the pig sticker combo??

Second question, what is the EASIEST TO PLAY push build variant for around 1k paragon.

Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

I more or less have the same question as Darkness.

I’ve done pretty well so far using Pigsticker setup, already cleared GR 140 but I think I probably can only go 1 or 2 GRs higher and that’s my limit. Will the Ivory Tower + Fate of Fell setup have a higher dps/clear potential?

Thanks so much

pros:

• you can increase your damage by adding AD to your equipment

cons:

• a big gap in AC uptime reduce your toughness
  • you need reroll 3.5k STR from your equipment to get AD

So I believe that Norvold is good for push when you have high paragon and good equipment (gloves, shield and/or weapon with 4 affixes).

the pigsticker + shield of fury, because you have (almost) 100% AC uptime

I believe it’s the best, because, compared to season 22, you lose only toughness (AC uptime). But use Provoke (to increase your damage) instead of Laws of Valor (that increases your toughness).

I believe Ivory Tower is stronger by about 2GRs. You could like down a GR143 in 200-300 keys and get towards 144-145 with massive fishing.

Nemesis bracer dramatically helps on the rift guardian, it can turn most guardians into Orlash. At your paragon, survival gets sketchy past GR142.

Do you mean to take a pylon when RG has spawned?

Thanks Corwin and dmkt

How does the general quality of life (tankiness/ease of play) in the Ivory Tower setup compare to Pigsticker? Currently I’ve rolled cooldown on my Traveller’s Pledge as recommended in Maxroll and high uptime on Akarat.

How do you guys stay alive when playing the Norvald’s variant? It was a struggle trying to push in S22. Get a floor with spearmen, ghost, fireball shamans and I always end up chain dying.

swap coe to zodiac and put esoteric instead of stricken might help.
norvald variant in general was used as rgk in s22 with group. i only switched back to coe and stricken when zbarb was in the group when pushing high grs.

Exactly! It takes away some of the fish.

1 Like