AoV or LoN Bomb?

Hey all, I’m looking for some variety from my WW Rend Barb. I’ve been spoiled with the ease of just holding WW and watching for CoE and WotB cooldowns, but it’s sort of getting stale now.

I played the hell out of the Crus back in maybe S7 and S8; I already have several Thorns pieces in place even from way back then. And it seems like AoV is now sort of the better build.

Of these two builds, is one easier to play? Is the AoV build clunky at all?

If you are looking for the same ease of play, I suggest the A6I2 bomb build. It also makes use of Norvald’s and CC sets.

It really just involves timing your CoE to your horsey and bomb rotations as you gather density, then watching it all explode.

1 Like

Perfect, thank you! I know I have a lot of those pieces already.

On my barn, I think I am doing about 7 minute 110s; is this build capable of that? I’m just trying to level gems up to 100 so I can augment gear.

Bear in mind that even if you have a full Akkan set, the requirements for this build are very specific, as it’s a Thorns build. So, all of the armour pieces need Thorns as secondary affixes (Invoker stuff has that naturally, Akkan doesn’t) and as Thorns cannot crit, you need them without CHC / CHD, and with Attack Speed / Area Damage instead. It’s tough to gear up.

Thanks for the heads up! I am pretty sure I have several with Thorns already, it’s the AD that I’m not sure about.

So what makes the AK Bomb build rotation different from the LoN?

LoN / LoD is cooler IMHO and it has more build depth for only 2-3 GRs less damage.

Different weapon, jewelry and armor configurations can be equally effective. In groups you can even fit in Oculus Ring if you rag-tag 2-player games. Build it really safe with Justice Lantern + Unity.

It is easier to play as well, it autopulls with Condemn. It requires a 2-button activation (Iron Skin -> Bombardment), which you can change to a more complex timed sequence (Iron Skin -> Bombardment ->Akarat’s Champ -> Bombardment) if you want to test your skills and master it.

You’ll match and likely exceed 7 min 110s. Maxroll has a nice speed guide for LoD Bomb.

I think if you are starting out, go LoD Bomb with Justice+Unity.

1 Like

I believe I am running 110s in about 4.5 minutes.

So I’ve been playing this build for a bit, and I am wondering if you can shed some light on your “rotation.” I pop AC on cooldown, and it makes sense to pop Iron Skin before Bombardment. But, what is throwing me off is getting my Invoker stacks up, especially with such a short 2s window before they drop off.

Once you have mob density and are ready to drop the bombs, you’ll want to hit Provoke, which will rapidly build your stacks.

Invoker stacks (as well as hexing pants buff and iron skin buff) ate snapshotted at bomb casting time so you don’t need the stacks all that long, just for the split second to click bombardment.

I have both LoD and A6I2 builds on my crusader (LoD equiped at the moment)
I have to say, LoD feels better to play, no idea if is stronger than A6I2…

I got extremely lucky with my A6I2, managed to push GR130 (~14:45).
With the LoD Build, i did 120 (~10min)…

I think LoD is a bit stronger, but harder to get (you need ancients and thorns on gear)

Lod bomb is a lot more fun than i thought it would be. Esp with the ethereals.