Anyone using a Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000 workstation GPU

As the title suggests, anyone using it? If so, were you perhaps using an older pascal based quadro, and if so, how do they compare? It seems that in a lot of tests, the RTX 4000 is close to the older gen pascal based p5000 GPU, but a lot cheaper.

I’m thinking of getting one to future proof my workstation PC that I’m about to build (will be solely used for PixInsight). I’m not into 3d modelling, rendering etc, just wanting to future proof this new monster PC that I’m working on for when the PixInsight devs develop GPU processing for their software.

I looked at older Telsa cards (Kepler based k80), older quadro series (m/k), the Radeon pro (wx7100) and of course, modern mainstream gaming GPUs (mostly the older Titan X maxwell core and 1080ti) and they all had problems:

Tesla k80 - passive cooling, nasty to get working in a desktop PC

quadro m/k - very slow compared to modern tech, missing RTX and tensor cores for future proofing; low CUDA core counts generally speaking

1080ti - great all round performer, but still very pricey even 2nd hand, despite being now 2 gens old…

titan X (maxell, not pascal or volta, both of which are out of my price range) - same future proofing tech issues as with the older quadro cards, plus high heat output, very noisy fan and very high power consumption, plus, hey, very old, and long out of warranty and probably been used for mining…

The 2000 GTX series cards are just too expensive imho, and the RTX 3080 cards are nowhere to be seen (and still expensive). Plus, these mainstream GPUs tend to fall down in various workstation apps in terms of performance and I’m not convinced that they’d do well in parallel processing of data in PixInsight.

What are your thoughts?