Anyone here pushing 120+?

I recently got my 120 completed, with a frustrating few days of on and off pushing. I got 119 completed using voo’s instead of sacred, then finally completed 120 with sacred instead of voo’s.

Was just wondering if it’s very fishy going 120+ for SB or if my paragons are the issue for the difficulty. I seem to keep pace with the timer at 121 so far, not any real good maps/mobs/pylons yet but just wanted to know if someone else on this forum has pushed past this level and if it’s my paragon or if it’s mainly the SB is dependent on certain maps to fish for.

I just finished a 120 tonight at 1600 paragon after a little fishing. I’m a casual player by all means. I don’t even have all my gear augmented or ancients.

The maps were pretty terrible so I could probably go a little higher, but I’ll need more paragon and better augments to further.

Nice! I completed 120 but 121 I haven’t yet. I have full augments save 1 ring I think. 1700 paragons, guess I just haven’t figured out when to skip or when to spend the time to kill…and hate fishing so give up after 1-3 crap GR try’s :slightly_smiling_face:

5 minutes of fame for both of you

From what I’ve seen and played, damage is adequate for higher pushes. Toughness is an issue though at least for me. The epitome of that is the boss fight. After 120 it takes too long for me and I have to dodge everything. And the worst part is that if you die it’s very hard to recover as you respawn with zero soul harvest stacks. I guess you have to really master your spirit walks as you play more and more. That’s probably one of the hardest to master skills in the game but it makes a difference between a skilled player and a casual like me :stuck_out_tongue:. I mean I still feel like I improved somewhat but it is impossible for me to not screw up every now and then. It all comes down to how good you are using spirit walk. And yes, like most cases, the floor, the mob type, the boss and the good usage of pylons are important as well. I have done 120 with 1.3 k paragons last season while it was stronger and then in non season with almost double the paragon and above 20k main stat I have done 125. That is not impressive tbh, but it was first try and the floor was neither awful nor ideal. So it was like one go and see what we get.

Cheers! Yes, timing spirit walk it a thing…when it’s possible. You have cold snap that one hit charges you after spirit walk, nothing you can do really. I tried a few times after my 120 with no completion, I could survive well enough as I’m used to the play style but couldn’t get a good map with good pylons and with that, I don’t do enough damage or I just suck and don’t know it :slightly_smiling_face:…very possible.

Is there where we have to switch back to Int gems instead of Rubies for armor? - For boss fights?

Pushing that magical 15k Int level, and I still just use Int for all resist to magic…

I never did. I got to 122 before I quit pushing, still used rubies in armor. Would have to look at higher LB clears to see what they utilize, topaz or emerald/ruby but would be even more squishy with all topaz

1 Like

I noticed my armor dropped by 2-3% (from 68-72%) or 9300 armor to 7300 armor from ruby to int, but my all resist dropped from an average of resists of 2800 to 2200 or (86-88.5% all resist)…

Are the armor calculation and magic damage calculation linked also?

I have a natural Int of around 17,000 at P1300. - Under physical, exclusively, there is about only a 1% difference though.

1 STR = 1 Armour
1 DEX = 1 Armour
INT/10 = 1 All Resist

Losing 5 rubies = ( 5 * 280 ) armour lost = 1400 armour lost.
Gaining 5 topazes = ( 5 * 280 ) / 10 all resist gained = 140 all resist gained.

Whilst adding the topazes will increase your damage, as INT-based heroes already have large amounts of INT from their paragon main-stat allocation, I would have thought that losing 1400 armour to gain 140 all resist is an overall mitigation loss.

2 Likes

I don’t remember the order of armor and resist calculations, I have been offline for a while, I’m only back mostly cause of the corona virus and stuff…

It’s fine…I suck at math and dislike it so I never do calculations and charts. That’s why there’s people like this guy in here :sunglasses:

1 Like

or 5 diamonds = 5 x 78 = 390 all res which isn’t bad either.
390 all res = 3900 armor, but it depends how much you have respectively in each.
Diamonds are the best bang for your buck, they’re almost 3 times as effective as both rubies/emeralds or topazes

1 Like

This thread is about Witch Doctors. They’re an INT-based class. That means they already have huge amounts of All Resist, as they gain INT/10 as All Resist. The reason WDs use rubies / emeralds in their chest and leg sockets is to provide increased armour which is a stat they naturally lack. All Resist (diamonds) in chest / legs is the preferred choice for DEX or STR based heroes.

2 Likes

Yes, we all know that.
But for higher level, like before you have a good amount of paragons and your gear augmented, diamonds are better for the sake of pure toughness.
Try it out for yourself.

My Necromancer with Topazes in chest / legs…
https://www.d3planner.com/187822157

• Damage 6,429,360
  • Toughness 303,708,365
  • Recovery 6,647,216

My Necromancer with Diamonds in chest / legs…
https://www.d3planner.com/737266859

• Damage 6,158,152
  • Toughness 321,543,209
  • Recovery 7,037,564

My Necromancer with Rubies in chest / legs…
https://www.d3planner.com/995353638

• Damage 6,158,152
  • Toughness 345,591,722
  • Recovery 7,563,910

So, that’s 24 million more toughness with Rubies than with Diamonds.

1 Like

Yes like I said when your gear is augmented, rubies are better. Before that diamonds are better