Anyone for wizard group play? :D

So in the meta threads, I realised that wizard isn’t top in any spot, but we have kindof A-B tier builds for first support (zwiz probably B-tier), TK (twister or typhon easily within 5GR of marauders I think) and RGK (lightning typhon while not top, is again not horrible).

So while we’re not in the meta groups, we can put together a group with three wizards that while not competitive with top groups, shouldn’t be horrible. We should be maybe 5GRs after top, at most 10. Hopefully!

I can fill any of the four roles, can we find three more that want to join? We can do some recording to show the power of wizards! I’m up for NS or a bit into the season.

There are a few other combinations that could be fun and maybe not that bad:

• wizard push: zwiz, zdh, typhon/twister TK, typhon RGK. You can swap out any wiz with a meta (or other non-meta) role if you don’t want to go full wiz. I think all of these roles should be within 5GR of meta, wonder how high this can go!
  • sub 2min archon speeds: zwiz, Vyrs, (zdh, second vyr). Idea is to pixel for the archon to 1-shot trash pulls. (chantodo procs AD right?) Elites might require a few pops, but should be able to do these runs really fast, as you clear both trash and elites.
  • 3-4min Orb XP runs. zwiz, orb, (zdh, second orb). Idea here is to pixel, and then have a frozen orbs hit straight in the pull. Requires some skill and coordination between the zwiz and dps, but us wizards have sk1llz, right? I think LoD would be stronger than DMO for the orbers here right?

Or I’m up for any wizard group play really, who is keen? :smiley:
Any other wiz groups ideas??

1 Like

(chantodo procs AD right?) err i think the wave of mutilation cant proc ad as far as i remember when i play vyr ,it didnt have ad on any item

i try check maxroll just now and sadly…
You entirely omit Area Damage, since Wave of Destruction does not work with it.
that what it said my friend :expressionless:

for wiz team, i think dmo is all rounded one since it also provide buff to team :grinning:

Yep, no AD from Chantodo’s Wave.

It did with Essence of Anguish, the Chantodo’s Wave wouldn’t proc AD but the Anguish explosion did. So Vyr’s with Essence of Anguish was basically slowly whittling down some trash until you managed to kill something and then the entire pull explodes once you proc some Anguish explosions and big AD.

In early seasons when there was a better balance between Archon skill damage and Chantodo’s damage it also made sense to stack some AD. Not for Chantodo’s, but for Archon skill damage itself. It used to be closer to a 50-50 split between Chantodo’s damage and Archon ability damage. So AD on half your damage was still decent. Now it’s virtually all damage from Chantodo’s Wave, so AD has no value (outside using Essence of Anguish in S25).

2 Likes

Ok, well that’s a pity, but I think zwiz-archon might be worth a try even without AD. Just the rapid grouping so that the chantodo pops can hit everyone should be beneficial.

Who is up for trying? I haven’t played chantodo since I was a n00b, any experienced archon players want to join my non-season zwiz for a few trial runs?

Ugh don’t remind me. I’m at the point, where I sorta dislike Chantodo, since we’ll likely never see the archon skills do noticable damage by themselves.

So every single thread on this forum is doomed to end up with ppl whinging about some design decision that wasn’t exactly to their liking?

I guess I have to go to in game chats to find ppl that actually play. Makes sense really.

i dont play much nowaday but sure i can join u when i go online :grin: but dont expect big dps from me my dps just so so, i play mostly as zb or zdh :roll_eyes:
hit me if u need any zb on ur team id Funkypants#130737

1 Like

EU or NA? 20 letters

i am in north america server

No not every single thread. But to answer your initial question; I’m neither against nor for group play for wizards, it’s not something I particularly care for, since I mostly solo.