Anyone else worried about Diablo 4

Agreed. Funny enough, for months people on this forum started topics talking about how the structure of D4 is pay to win. It was argued tooth-and-nail by forumites and green-text elitists that anybody challenging the status-quo is wrong.

It is appalling favoritism. These folks are seeing things with tunnel vision. I simply cannot support ActiBlizz, it is a matter of principle, and yes I am on a high horse about it. It doesn’t matter how much money we are talking about, giving them even a dime is saying that you condone this behavior. It permits the company to keep moving forward as is. To that, I say, NO WAY.

Most likely you will be at end game before you hit level 100, you won’t feel anything slow about it.
In Diablo 2, you were at end game at around level 85 and onwards, before level 99 which is the maximum character level. You reach there in a matter of a month at top, and enjoy the rest of the game. Because after that point, any extra skill point you can allocate is just going towards synergies for 1-4% bonuses. As a prestige remark, level 99 was just a bold advantage at PvP and didn’t have any impact on PvE at all.

If you keep complaining about “slow” leveling, I’ll only assume you never played Diablo 2, Path of Exile or any other ARPG, but D3 only. There are different approaches to player progress in different systems; why jurisdiction is always D3 oriented? In a fully new installment, you don’t even know when the end game gonna start or hit you up. You can be deep down in end game as early as level 60-70 thanks to how difficulty scaling works. I wouldn’t call this any slow or boring.

Besides, in a game where you allocate skill points to progress, you always except the progress to be somewhat slower. Player will have enough time to compare and decide until it progresses this way. Fortunately, you won’t need all 100 skill points, just to start “enjoying” the game here. You will only have a few active skills instead of a huge dynamic spell selection at all times, some passive benefits and your character will slowly flourish on PvE and PvP aspects in the game.
You can only focus so much at a time, so it’s expected from developer to oblige to this and pull end game somewhere earlier. You don’t need to go all the way to enjoy the game. You speak like you need everything all at once in a quick manner, but that might not be always the truth.

You got that part right.

Let me be real clear about what I’m typing because forum mods seem to misconstrue direct statements with malicious intent. Yeah I’m saying it cuz it is what it is around these parts. The above quote makes NO reference to the LGBTQ+ community. I am NOT a member of the above acronym community and I do NOT have any beef with them either. The “drag” I’m referring to is borrowing from the idea that parachutes create wind drag or air resistance thus lowering velocity. Please do NOT lump me in with the anti-woke circus. I’m neither liberal, conservative, Democrat, nor Republican. I do not subscribe to the above low brained two dimensional political structures.

3 Likes

To be fair, they’re entry-level, minimum wage employees. You can’t expect rational judgment when you work off a script.

Doesn’t matter if you are. People use the those terms as a shoddy way to dance around/evade questions and points. When you’re backed into a corner or in a box, why answer when you can just toss around political terms “You left wing… blah blah!” to fill in the gaps? Most of the people who use those terms have no clue what they even mean. This is apparent when so many use them completely out of context.

1 Like

Entry level or not means nothing. They have the ability to censor, silence, and issue strikes against accounts. They don’t have a track record of acknowledging their mistakes thus it is a very rare occurrence to have those strikes reversed. Strikes against accounts lead to permanent silencing. So misconstruing innocuous direct statements that have no hidden meaning or malicious intent, can have real negative consequences. Something as simple as describing the fun of playing a Blizzard game, enjoyed at a LAN party, back in the late 1990’s, can lead to a 2-4 day silencing. So, yeah its absolutely stupid that I have to clarify myself so that I don’t take a hit. Because the track record of acknowledging their mistakes is abysmal, I have no trust in getting a refund for a pre-ordered product. Those who initially complained about War3Reforged only got a refund because there was a tsunami of complaints that they could not ignore. Acti-Blizz was very hesitant about giving refunds for that game. They have yet to properly fix that game. So, no thanks I’m not pre-ordering D4.

I had to explain the above to disarm A-N-Y attempt at declaring A-N-Y malicious intent, that would be used as justification against me. It wasn’t until a friend read my post and said “they” might misconstrue your words given the current political climate in the home country of Acti-Blizz. Too many people engage memes so often that they assume someone is meme-speaking when they are making direct statements without subtext. A good example is if one criticizes consoles, some other party might assume “PCMASTERACE”. It would be a poor assumption. So of course using the word “drag” in the current political climate stands a good chance of being interpreted as some reference to LGBTQ+ folks. It would be yet another poor assumption.

I think its sort of stupid to cling to these flat, two dimensional, un-evolved terms (left/right wing) that are an outgrowth of the French Revolution. Most of the people in the US do not have French ancestry, and are fiercely independent of Western Europe with respect to their self-proclaimed identity but want to cling to labels from 1789 that have no connection to them. They aren’t French or Franco-American, its not their revolution, ils ne parlent pas français (they don’t speak French) but… gimme them labels.

Where is that mind boggle emoji?

1 Like

I know, it’s not an excuse for them. It’s just a :roll_eyes: when they do anything. The inconsistency is a meme.

2 Likes

That ^^ right there.