Anyone else SUPER HYPED about upcoming Corpse Explosion buff?

Is by far my favorite skill in the game and I just cleared a GR100 with it and corpse lance, but man is it going to feel great to see just how strong it will be when both its base damage is TRIPLED and the Grasps if Essence is DOUBLED. To me on a very basic level this sounds like an overall 6x more powerful than correct state.

Super hyped about it, anyone else ?

2 Likes

yep, im kinda hyped too.

But alot of people will probably complain about the ultimatively strong early season leveling phase as a necro (because, CE is lvl 4 and the gloves are lvl16 or cubed from lvl 1 on).
And especially people will probably complain about the high speeds of such a thing after such a buff. Other classes run as fast and as high too but there will be envi for sure.

We basically have to hope that rat-runs will still be able to run as smooth as ever so everyones envi and focused feedback is on nerfing rats instead of CE :smiley:

2 Likes

You think they might nerf it before the the actual patch ? Does that ever happen during a PTR?

oh yeah actually. Lamentation belt for barbs was such a thing. It almost ended up being cancelled alltogether if the rage of barbs wouldnt have been. It originally was 200%, while its now 150%.

i doubt that it will be cancelled alltogether but i may be that the gloves buff gets reverted. Or the base damage just doubled instead of tripled.
But i like how it is in the new ptr. Its closer to the lance damage now so you dont have to have lance. Its an option for better singletarget dps but not a must.

Not even close.

Grasps of Essence
x3 exponential 5 = 32

Corpsewhisper Pauldrons
x1.3 exponential 20 = 190

The necro was always the fastest class to 70, and Corpse Explosion is/was part of the reason. But the PTR really doesn’t focus on that portion of the game. On the PTR, there might only be a 10 min difference between the necro vs other classes, unlike live where there could be a 1h+ difference. Besides, I don’t think most people really care about someone hitting 70 in 45 minutes.

But as far as post 70, definitely looking forward to testing it out. Hopefully they can have a solo build for once, and one with somewhat decent survivability (as I’m focused more on HC than SC).

just that its not exponential. The 20 stacks, each 30% combine to a +600% multiplier.
It still deals more singletarget damage but its really not that much anymore

And BehindTimes -> Right, the leveling phase isnt really interesting. But the cry of people in the forums is what bothers me. Like theres alot of WDs around, whining for their (very well needed) nerf while seeing buffs for the class they would have to pay for (necro). Thats enough. Not even if rats are dead they will stop it.

Oh and they will have that solo hc viable push option. They even have it now, kind of. With the LoD GS build that already could clear 120+ solo afaik. And it gets buffed by alot with the new mage shoulders and HV adding GS to your simus :))

Just chime in to say I am excited for it.
A smooth explosive early game sounds like a lot of fun to me.
And corpse explosion remains my favorite skill :grin:

OK lets use your numbers

Grasps of Essence
x3 x5 = 15

Corpsewhisper Pauldrons
x1.3 x20 = 26

Still not even close.

Well I certainly hope that keep the 3× base damage buff and the 2x gloves buff.

It’s a great and fun skill and awesome against mobs, but at GR100 it does feel a little weak.

Ya I was able to do 90+ with a pure Inarius corpse explosions build. Damage wasn’t even the issue.

These buffs could put the build Happily into the 120+ category and one of the best speed builds in the game.

This may actually be what I’m most excited about in the patch.

Corpsewhisper Pauldrons give 20 stacks of 30% which is 600% additional to your 100% base so it is 7x to Lances. Base lance damage is 1750% which is 17.5x your weapon damage and is 122.5x your base weapon damage not including other modifiers like set bonuses, etc.

Grasp of Essence will be 5 stacks of 200% which is 1000% additional which is 11x damage. The base damage will be 1050% which is 10.5x which combines to 115.5x your base weapon damage not including other bonuses like set bonuses, etc.

Lances are doing about 6% more damage per cast than Corpse Explosion.

4 Likes

And corpse explosion probably getting a close quarters rune with a inbuilt 50% more damage, adding up to 1575%. Coming out even on top of the lances, damage wise.

Lances fire faster (not sure how much exactly on a single target basis) and have better singletarget-runes like the stacking crit on brittle touch.

Still, it seems like you could let lances out of your build completely and be just fine killing the RG with CE.

This especially. My friend will start as impale DH and was able to do speed 105s shortly after start. And that was before the buffs and before even when you could wear CC3 or aughilds with it.

Im pretty sure he´ll run 110s. And i hope theres something for the necro that can go along with it :slight_smile:

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/class/necromancer/active/corpse-explosion

Should we read this as Corpse Explosion doing 5 times less damage than Corpse Lance, because a single explosion consumes up to 5 Corpses ?

Also, consider Brittle touch allowing players (you, your teammates) to reach 100% Critical chance on Rift Guardian, thus doing on average x3 to x4 increased damage.

No, consuming 5 corpses makes 5 explosions. And the damage isnt split either.

Im just not sure if more corpses and more explosions use more FPA. I never have been that much into ce.

For the lances theres an breakpoint table. The short version of it is that youll need either 1.715 aps or 2.001 to shoot more lances. If you have 1,9 aps for example, you wont attack any faster than with 1.715 aps. Therefor its wasted.
And theres more breakpoints ofcourse. I just made an example.
D3planner gets you the info in this regard. Sometimes its worth to roll a 6% ias stat to 7%, sometimes its even better to just roll it away completely.

Guys quick question please :

So im torn between the Dead Cold or Bloody mess runes . I love bloody mess and it hits hard and extra radius seems helpful, but does dead cold benefit from Lost time off hand and Krysbins ring ? Dead cold freezes enemies for 2 seconds , so does it then cause 3x the damage because of Krysbin ?

For some bizarre reason, sometimes I feel like bloody mess hits harder and I cant figure out why just looking at my gear and build. Does cold damage do less damage than physical by any chance?

Uh this really depends on how your gear is build. If you have alot of +physical% and no +cold%, it may be that it hits harder. Or if you have CoE ring it can deal significanlty more damage during the physical rotation.

It should however procc krysbins 300% bonus and also count towards lost time offhand.

What could be the real reason tho is: If you have other stuns (for Example, while Land of the dead is active with the cold rune) everything is stunned anyways. So in this case physical and cold both gain the full krysbins effect.

I have one item I can reroll with either physical or cold bonus damage .

I do have COE so both elements would benefit

I do have land of the dead frozen lands

So the only real variable I can control is the elemental bonus damage I can reroll on my gear piece

Is there a guide for using CE to level quickly? I love necro but never really done one to start a season where I care about leveling as fast as possible. Most guides I can find use lance, not CE.