Anyone else notice possible 4th class hint here?

It looks like one is a rogue-type character. In the first picture it’s coming out of the hut and in the second, it’s down bottom left just in view.

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/gallery/JQU9RRI1ZFTU1593029851807.jpg

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/gallery/LAJD27QCRDX71593029852139.jpg

Looks like a rogue or assassin but might be a mercenary or quest npc, who knows

Hopefully we will know more at Blizzconline in February.
I would like to see new classes, not just a rehash of the old.
Right now it is just speculation on what the new classes will be.

Well to be fair, the rogue would be new in a sense. The only thing she did in D1 was equip a bow to shoot arrows as every class could use any spell. They could do whatever they wanted with it, really. It could be a sort of hybrid, bows with stealth, traps, poison, sharp melee weapons etc. Maybe throw in some of that shuriken stuff from the dh and assassin. I just like the name rogue and feel it fits with the archetype they need. I hope they don’t use another cheesy, redundant name like demon hunter. I mean, if you’re fighting the devil and you’re a hunter, the demon part is implied. We’re all hunting demons, Blizzard.

I also hope we see something like a Templar or Knight. Oh and nice to see you’ve come across Game LORE Dash, I’ve been watching his stuff for almost 2 years now. I’ve shared a few of his vids on the forums. Everyone should check his deductions out!

2 Likes

We had one going about the Paladin in the Lore section.

1 Like

Lord Fluffy took a photo of the Hunter concept art at Blizzcon. Some (myself included) were speculating that this might be a new class. However, it came to light that this was just an NPC in game and not a new class.

@ 12:55

1 Like

A thief themed class could be cool.

2 Likes

My guess is internal testing doesn’t have the new classes because that is very leak prone and would be hard to track who said something. Playing through quests and zones is harder to be like: this is what the zone is like… Much harder to spoil and much less “big ticket” info.

Would be neat to see a combat engineer/tinker type class.

Traps, Turrets, a mechanical pet (like Gaige’s deathbot in Borderlands or the dwemer mechanical spiders, etc in Elder scrolls), ballistae, catapults, damage/debuff flasks (Alchemist’s fire, holy water, etc), main weapons could be pistols/rifles (early medieval style) for a ranged option, hammers for melee.

Maybe make the mechanical companion their ultimate skill. That way you can build it up as you level up and customize it as you go. Make the goon you want! Big, beefy, gargantuan? Build it! Sleek little skittering pet that specializes in laying down and detonation of your traps? Build that instead. Medium sized contraption that shoots ballista bolts out of one arm and has a cleaver on the other? yep, yep, yep. All possible depending upon your skill choices as you level it up. Then one of the tinker’s skills could be called repair. You channel it to keep your mechanical doohickey’s healed during combat as needed.

My other choice for a new class would be a psionic class. Mind control, force damage, etc. Charm the demonic hordes and then send them back to do your bidding with additional psionic powers able to buff your minions. Not into mind control? that’s ok! Psions also have a variety of offensive capabilities at their disposal. Using the power of their minds they can do force based attacks, agitate the molecular makeup of objects to cause them to burst into flames, and deal vast amounts of mental anguish. Their weapons could be staves and various trinkets to focus their psionic powers through. Maybe blizz could bring back the circlets as a psion specific item?

1 Like

I would like an engineer-like class as well. I always choose this class as my primary if it’s available in shooters or rpgs. Minions building trebuchets or catapults that the player could hop onto and direct if they wished would be awesome.

can be a sorc with hood

1 Like

I want to play hammerdin, trap assassin and javazon, they can add new characters with the expansions :smiley:

Will be a gimpy wanna - be - Barbarian, aka Amazon without any ability to do anything range. Well, I guess Barbarian has the ability to throw/toss, so maybe the Amazon will have something like that, but spear version.

Amazon had the most amazing range skill called lightning furry. She uses a spear that when thrown, turns into a lightning strike and passes to other enemies. Loved taking out packs of cows with it. Also if you think they are gimpy you never faced a bowazon with guided arrow :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like