Anybody else pumped pumped up for D2: Resurrection

I sure as hell am… I seriuosly hope they dont change much, and they do keep it true to the core. I seriously dont care if loots shared or personal, i just hope they dont go the D3 route and increase the drop rate through the roof. Yes i hope the drop rates are just as crappy as before… And no farming endgame shouldn’t be a right, it must be earned.

Im honestly gonna have a hard time fitting in D3 time since i have a feelng im gonna be splitting time between D2 and PoE.

It looks pretty nice what they’ve done to it and I think it was a pretty smart move by Blizz.

I never played D2, but from reading I get how D3 went more of a tech accessible route… seems they hoped for the pervasiveness of WoW.

I’d say that helped give us console. Console has more power with the current gen to do more like d2:r and d4 will demand of it.

D3 is entertaining enough for me in the limited time I have, so I’ll be sticking with that when I’ve got time to game. In no rush to make it to game over.

I hope for the Diablo community interested in D2:R they keep it true to core too as that is what it’s all about. I watched the blizzcon vid and they were pretty clear about where they would change something for QoL and where they would stay true.

I can understand the excitement with it. I hope it’s really nice for everyone. It’s clear D3 split the player base in places so I think there’s been a lot of people that have been very patient.

Yah i played D2 from solid from 2000-2008… Ive played D3 just as many years but with 6-12 month breaks during those years.

Well D3 didn’t go a tech assessible route… The route they took with D3 was something that was much differnet experience than D2. D3 made it where all players can reach end game easily and get end game gear easily. D2 did was the very opposite, where if u didn’t put the time u werent gonna make it to end game unless u put a lot of time and grinding into it. Though i always hooked up new players soj’s to get started. I made and deleted so many characters and even made some orginal builds that could farm Cow Lvl and could hang in Baal runs (couldn’t carry full games in hell those builds though)… Trading was fun too.

Honeslty i pretty much switched to PoE when it came on PS4 since its more of a game us “pureists” would rather play. Blizz can defiantly bring alot of players back witht the D2:R. I know im pretty pumped… Even though i mostly play PoE, id only make time for D2:R if its gonna be the same experience… And D4 if they can make a game hardcore players and casuals can play… Im not so sure and have mixed feelings about D4.

It’s clear what you’re saying about accessibility to gear being different between D2 and D3. I’ve read some D2 related content and I get what you mean about drop rates in your OP.

What I meant about tech accessible is how they seem to have taken WoW’s cartoon like approach in D3.

This was a different route to some other games at the time which sought to utilise high performing graphics hardware more heavily to impress players/buyers.

For some players they were able to justify the spend on better gaming rigs. WoW was pervasive in large part because it was approachable on less then the best hardware. In that it went for broad appeal.

D2:R and D4 are using features of high performing graphic hardware like lighting etc… the latest gen of consoles has this hardware like gaming PCs have had access to for quite a while.

I think a lot of us D3 Console players will do a Ladder or two on it but will have the same longetivity as D3? I doubt it…it will be fun for sure but given it is the same core game with just an updated graphical engine I’m not convinced it will have enough to keep a lot going back to it.

1 Like

I’ve essentially quit D3 and started playing D2 on this old laptop to get ready for it. God playing with a controller for years I am so sloppy on a PC It’s embarrassing.

Well, ask yourself “why are so many people still play D2?” It’s not the graphics. It’s not the vanilla gameplay. It’s not the story.

Three things drive it: Trading, PvP and mods. So, is D2R going to have trading? Nope. Mods? Nope. PvP…perhaps, and we’ll see if it’s any good.

I figured I get it, I mean it’s only $40, skip one D3 season…easy choice. Grind with a few friends, complete everything and quit. Def not preordering.

I know few purists will hate me for saying this but D2R should’ve been an add-on to D3. Kinda like “Hey, play prequel, gear up. Transition your character to D3. Play D3 story. Continue with Adventure mode with twice the rift maps, twice bounty maps, twice GR maps, twice RG variety, etc”. Double the content of the game with an actual endgame.

With the nonexistent support of console specific issues of Diablo 3, I’m not in a hurry to buy another Blizzard game. I’ll wait to see if issues for the console version of Diablo 2 Resurrected are actually being dealt with before I spend any more money on a Blizzard game.

I’ll most likely play Diablo Immortal before I ever start playing Diablo 2 Resurrected.

i actually never played diablo 2, i started playing diablo 1 and was kicking butt until some guy said do you want me to help you level up, so I said sure. He took me into a dungeon way to strong for me and when we zoned out back to town, he morphed into my character and killed me in town and took my stuff. I thought this diablo game sucks and never again will i play it. So I stopped my diablo playing from that day on. I only started playing diablo 3 when playstation had a super sale a few years ago for 10 bucks or something crazy. From what i heard diablo 2 is much like diablo 1 except harder and more complex… But like the guy above me, I’ll probably play Immortal as I have a new iPad air and i actually like tablet games to kill time in boring meetings

If there is no other content than the base D2 LoD content, I’m not sure. If they give it to the modders like Path of Diablo or Project D2, then I will gladly buy it. The game looks nice, but it will be overshadowed with the end game content of easy uber fights, baal and cow runs. Dueling will be nice though.

1 Like

Oh I’m in day one…from the outset and day one playing D3 on the 360, there was still plenty of praise about D2 coming from the PC side which did nothing but had us scratching our console heads as to why when we were looking at D3 as pretty fun solid game…

1 Like

I remember (and sometimes still play) Diablo on the PS1. Assuming D2R gets closer to D3 (not talking the game systems, just the port) then yeah, sure. I will, however, wait to buy it. Mostly because no game is worth $60 or whatever to me at launch. Also, I collect them so I’ll have to get it anyway.

1 Like

Good point. Haven’t actually had to start from scratch since the pre LoD days… I played at friends house and bought LoD when it came out and was given some SoJs to start out.

Also if the playerbase is small the trades might be crappy… Currently on PoE I’m doing a non meta build and some of my gear is currently much better than anything on the market and it’s not even God tier gear.

1 Like

nope.

20 characters.

1 Like

I am. I’ve have been a primarily console gamer since Pong, so I really never played PC games. So this will be the first time I can play it. I don’t think I will like it as much as D3, based on what people say, but I want to give it a shot.

I can honestly say when Diablo 2 Resurrected comes out i will never play D3 again. Played D1 D2 D2lod all from day 1, still Play D2 and prefer it over D3. Just old school i guess.

1 Like

to contrast this, I played D1 very early on many years ago, D2, and D3. And I prefer D1 and D3 over D2 any day of the week.

Pumped? No.

I’ve played it. Not the “new” version. I might on PC.

I’d prefer something more original. So, I’d say I’m more peaked for D4 but I’m not hyped for it. No game does that.