Any word on when we get the next d4 update?

I’ve been asleep since feb just woke up and nothing new

Hopeful by the end of the month.

2 Likes

Thanks I’m going back to bed I’ll see you 4th of July bud

This is what they said when I asked if it was still coming this month.

Oh mai. Well thank you

Why is it so hard for blizzard to give us a date or more specific time frame (other than end of June) for when we can expect the update? I mean, we’ve all heard the “anything can change” and “there are many people involved” and whatnot but it’s a company for billions and they can’t plan a simple blog post a couple weeks ahead.

2 Likes

Because people will be all over them if they change the date. Just look at how some act over the season start and end times (or patch notes). You would think that Armageddon was coming the way some of these people act with dates and times.

1 Like

Okay but why would they ever need to change the date of publishing a few paragraphs of text? It’s not like they are pushing patches to multiple platforms with potential technical difficulties. PezRadar also said that he’s read the text so it’s already written but probably not translated but still!

1 Like

The content of the update is more important than the date. Are they going to give updates on critical systems like skills and ITEMIZATION, or is it going to be another underwhelming update like in February?

1 Like

Let’s suppose there are 5 updates left before D4 release.

They told us trading and cooldowns will have their own updates. So, this leaves space for 3 topics more. I’d say skills and talents will have their place too as an update together. And we’ll probably get 2 not so “juicy” updates for the more casual audience.

Soon, we’ll found out what is next.

That would be a very optimistic assumption.

They have?

I sure hope itemization gets multiple blogs. Same for skills/talents etc.
Some of these blogs will be years apart, the same topics can show up many times with significantly different content.
Mostly I just hope the next blog is a huge step up in information than the previous one. That one could be excused by Blizzcon being so close to it.

1 Like

All updates will be underwhelming so I don’t know why they are hiding it so much.

1 Like

The changed date of Blizzcon has a lot to do with the upcoming D4 Alpha/Beta. I expect this to start right after the virtual event. And from there will be just months to Q4 2021 release.

2022 is too late for D4. From a marketing pov it would be a mistake to delay the game so much. The aRPG genre gets bigger every year and someone may steal the D4 pie out of nowhere if they delay the game for 2 more years from now.

Yes. Trading will probably be one of the last topics since there is a lot of separation on it among them too - marketing guys, devs, security teams, testers etc would all have their own preference on how to do it. Maybe they’ll test the waters with a new trading system coming with D2:R first.

Source? Haven’t read that anywhere.

Blizzcon 2019 - videos with devs sitting next to streamers.

Source would be nice. I surely dont recall hearing anything like that.

As said, very optimistic. But I hope you are right.

I am 100% sure for both.

For trading they said in the update they’ll specify more precisely the brackets (the item tiers that are to be always tradable, tradable once and never tradable) and listen to us how we would want them. I don’t remember the exact videos, but there is high chance Joe Shely shared that info.

I highly doubt even a beta will come by 2022. They are in very early development…open world games take alot longer than normal linear games. I can remember blizzard soon being a few years at least and it’s not close to blizzard soon…so we might land on the moon the same time d4 is released…lol literally.

1 Like

COVID-19 probably delays this game another year.