Any streamers playing with a controller?

Curious as to see the impressions of controller on PC

3 Likes

Interested in this as well, great question!

2 Likes

Not that I’ve seen. I plan to test it myself tomorrow if I manage to get an alpha key.

3 Likes

Bluddshed was a bit ago when I checked his stream

3 Likes

i saw bluddshed paying with a controller at one point

3 Likes

ArsTechnica did earlier. Starts at 1:00:51

3 Likes

Yeah he is streaming right now with controller also very good Diablo streamer.

Avoidingthepuddle was playing with a controller.

1 Like

This person is streaming D2:R with controllers.

Has anyone using a controller tested how enchant works with a controller?

I’ve been wondering if it just auto-cycles allies in range or what and if there’s a way to turn that feature on (if it exists) for K/M.

All, thanks for helping the OP out with links for folks streaming on controller!

Here is the link for Bludd. He is indeed playing with controller.

Blizzard specifically wants feedback on this aspect of the Alpha. Hopefully some of the general selection pool tomorrow/this weekend play controller and really document thoughts.

2 Likes

So far the best stream in terms of quality/fps
very clean!

Gamepad support looks pretty good. I hope there are options to place the enemy’s health bars on top/center of the screen as it is with K + M. The flickering of bars is not good.

2 Likes

The controller support looks pretty awesome. I hope they allow you to rebind keys later on though.

1 Like

YES! I just started the ars technica video after watching a good portion of Dbrunksi’s stream. Looks freaking amazing and if they are not gimping the controller with the amount of keys compared to the console version, no reason to NOT have a keyboard hotbar for fast casting.

I really want to provide feddback with the controller (I have seen some things that can improve) as I plan on playing with controller only. But blizzard did not send me the alpha. I hope that in a future test I will be able to provide feedback with the controller as the next 20 years of Diablo II for me will be whith ultrawide and controller.

LLama did for a bit but found it far too different.
It is a whole different game with controller. Each to their own! I will def stick with key/mouse

Seems to be pretty good controller support. I hope they give M&K the hotbar with quick cast too.

DatModz on Twitch is currently playing with a controller. He has never used a controller extensively for gaming before and is not a console player so it took a period of adjustment but he is doing fine with it now and has even said that some of the stuff is easier with a controller.