Any speculation on what's coming tomorrow?

Was hoping for some kind of in-game event like the Darkening of Tristram, but I guess that was asking for too much.

Wings are nice at least.

1 Like

Ugly is what they are. And what’s with those bones sticking out everywhere??

D1 received the Darkening of Tristram event. D2 received ugly wings.
This is like receiving a pair of socks no my anniversary, just what I wanted.

1 Like

Did you never play Lord of Destruction?

D3 got free Baal wings for D2. D2 got a crashed server. :upside_down_face:

I think there will be something else. Pez said “Events”. Clearly Free wings does not an event make.

An in-game event where we could earn those wings would’ve been nice. But I suppose that would be asking for too much. Regardless, the wings are nice.

1 Like

A timed gauntlet match against all the D2 bosses would’ve been sweet. Like a mini-grift, accessible through a tentacled portal in a specific location.

Uber+ difficulty, to make it a bit of a grind to get them wings. Doable solo but not easy. And maybe a pet of some sort, a mini Baal or baby Mephisto.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with that. I was thinking the same thing. Not likely though.

As for the appearance of the wings - demons are not known to be pretty! They are made of bones, guts, wiggly things, rot, hellfire, etc. I am ok with the wings not being “pretty”. Pretend you ripped them off the back of a demon.

1 Like

“we have some fun activities planned around the upcoming 20th anniversary of Diablo II.”

You’re right. But uh, free wings isn’t an activity.

I have to say I like the appearance of these new “wings”. Their aesthetics are very demonic.

But I also have to agree with others, these wings are nice but some event or activity would’ve a nice addition. Unfortunately the functionality of such things usually needs to be tested properly so we would’ve seen them on the PTR. Remember, The Darkening of Tristram event was also available on the PTR before going live.

2 Likes

I forgot about that. :pensive:

Update:
So I guess that was it. Cool wings and according to the Blizzard announcement, they have given us links to click as an activity…

[Stage Direction]
Meteorblade hides his search history for hot succubi.