Any speculation on what's coming tomorrow?

Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of Diablo 2 and it has been hinted a few times that something will happen to commemorate the occasion (perhaps in D3). But what? I know I can just wait till tomorrow to find out but that’s boring. So whos got theories? :thinking:

probably some D2 skinned diablo boss fight in D3?
nothing of relevance

1 Like

I want a Mephisto pet. :laughing:

2 Likes

merphisto :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Nothing, would be my best guess.

1 Like

My Birthday! Not actually kidding. :birthday: :cake: :cookie:

We know there are no announcements planned for June related to a Diablo franchise release.

I admit, an event or even pet/cosmetic would be cool, but I have not heard anything about that.

8 Likes

Pez posted this on Reddit

Blockquote
We don’t usually comment on rumors, but before this hype train goes off the rails we wanted to clarify that there are no upcoming Diablo announcements in June. The minions of hell are hard at work getting ready for the start of the next Diablo III Season, bringing you the next Diablo IV quarterly update (very) soon™, and we have some fun activities planned around the upcoming 20th anniversary of Diablo II.

Happy Birthday!

This does not promise something in-game though. They have been know to release really cool stories/comics, interactive web posts/articles, contests, etc. I always try to think of all the options so I don’t set myself up for disappointment!

I just hope it is not in D2 because I can’t get my copy to connect to Bnet. For some reason it thinks my key is not good or something - even though I added my CD keys to my Bnet and installed using the NEW key Bnet generated me. My Bnet account lists it as a valid license. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Try manually entering the new one? I had issues copy pasting mine for D2 but not for LoD.

Yeah, I am thinking I have to re-install D2 and LOD in order to get it to work. I did copy paste from my Bnet account page for the key. The game plays fine on my PC, I just can’t connect to Bnet. So odd. I just have not been motivated enough to re-install it.

1 Like

Oh I see. Strange. I mean if it works it should work I would think… hmm. Do you have a mod that never fully uninstalled maybe stepping on things? I dunno… spitballing. That sucks because it’s fun to revisit it from time to time. :grimacing:

The game goes F2P.
:confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

:confetti_ball: :cat2: :computer_mouse: :cat2: :computer_mouse: :confetti_ball:

1 Like

I have never used mods with Diablo 2, ever. So not an option for causing issues. Might be because I had it installed under Win 7 and took the free upgrade to 10 and it messed something up? No idea. If I want to play online I will do the re-install and see if that works. Else, I pester Blizzard.

1 Like

Ohhhh. Yup I bet that’s it.

Really hoping they do something fun for D3 for D2 anniversary. Curious to see what will happen tomorrow.

If there is something for D3 my guess it would be an event where we would get the chance to earn a cosmetic.

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/reck0AT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YJyKhBV.jpg

Already added an update to your Items & Crafting sticky.

1 Like

Well, I guess the “rumors” are TRUE! Thank Blizzard for the :Primeval Evils", under feats of strength… I got WINGS!!!

I just hope it is not in D2 because I can’t get my copy to connect to Bnet.

I have this same exact issue. Good to know it wasn’t just me…

Apparently we’ve got some free Baal (From LoD) Wings for logging into D3 so far. There might be some hidden goodies to discover yet. I’ll check Diablo 2 later on to see if they got anything (be a shame if they didn’t).

I speculate.

Disappointment.

1 Like