Any good lightening builds?

Hi everyone,
I am theory crafting a new build and I wanted to try lightening.
There is however, very little love for lightening skills, or anything other than fire and cold. If your class doesn’t run the the glove or shoulder for the set, you’re kind of screwed. This applies to Legacy of Dreams builds too. You are locked into fire/cold skills that channel. There’s no good shoulders if you don’t use channeling skills.
I’m just looking for some suggestions for good lightening gears

I channel lightning on my wizard to heal and against fire resistant mobs. It’s quite a fun build. 1 or 2 rifts are hard but do-able if you stick to the right GR lvl.

impale demon hunter.

1 Like

i do have the gear but i prefer mine obviously xD

with the shadow set?

Yes, The Shadow’s Mantle set, with Impale/Ricochet.

hmmm,
any good lightening gear that goes well with LoD builds?
I really can’t think good gloves or shoulders, at least not on demon hunter

Not trying to be a grammar nut, but…

Lightening: to reduce weight or color

Lightning: a static discharge that happens in the atmosphere. A weather phenomenon.

4 Likes

LOD Monk can have fun with Schaeffer’s Hammer, Thunderfury, Thundergod’s, Thunderclap, and Quicksilver. Perhaps adding SW/Cyclone and a Wreath gem for full Lightning.
A good build? Probably not.

yeah I wish they’d buff wreath gem lol.
I tried so many ways to make it good but it just ain’t :confused:
I will try your monk build once the season is over.
I just wish there more modifiers for other elements, or maybe just make the gears do 2 elements.
Do u guys know if LoD works on set items? Like if I just have 1 ancient piece of set item, does that trigger LoD effect?

Your kitty looks like a flat tire .

what does that mean?

Single set items work with LOD, just avoid two of the same set.

1 Like

You CAN make a LoD Tempest Rush lightning build and it can easily clear t16. Or go for PoJ/Sunw and make a decent speedfarming build with the lightning rune.

i was going to make a Tempest Rush lightning build with mantras until Diablo 3 stopped working with no fix.

Lightning will work with GoD too. Mainly in T16 but can do up to 90 or so (yeah, I know that’s relatively low). But in T16 bounties and Rifts, Scattering Arrow Hungering Arrow is really good for clearing stuff and works better than Devouring Arrow in that context.

It loses it appeal though in High Grifts where you’ll want to switch to Devouring Arrow and have cold on your equipment.

But still, it’s not useless in GoD.

1 Like