Any fun builds?

I’ve never actually played wizard properly before. Figured last season give it a try. I’ve done 125 gr, prob can go higher as tal Rasha but the playstyle isn’t resonating with me. I generally play sader/Necro/dh years ago. Would other builds be fun for farming 120-130s?

I personally have only really tried Hydra and Firebird. I liked Firebird more, but that’s because it was easier on me to play, physically. I have attempted others and did not like them or found them far too squishy to be fun, so I probably didn’t do something right. I really wanted a Black Hole/Time Bubble thing build but it was only useful for T16 and not GRs above 100.

So, based on that… I’d say try out Hydra. Tal Rasha Meteor is supposed to be very strong but, again, it is not one I have personally found fun.

Well nvm found a really fun tal Rasha variation.

I can see that it’s the in-geom variant. Haven’t tested that variant yet, though I have the two items needed for it. I just remember from past seasons when trying an in-geom build I always get rifts and greater rifts with too few and too far apart elites.
Seems like the majority of maps I’m getting these days are narrow and long winded and open maps being scarce (EU server).

Edit just tried the build and it seems to work okay even if the In-Geom buff falls off sometimes. Now I need to do some more runs to compare it to the Aether Walker speed build.

I don’t think there’s any Wiz build that’s on par with Tal’s currently for sheer power, but my favourite build with Wiz has been Flame Blades Firebird. It’s basically D3’s melee wizard. It caps out pretty fast in pushing though.

LoD FO is a super fun build. The standard variation, so without Archon.

They should just bring back Mirrorbird. And allow Fire DoTs to trigger the set six piece so that we can actually use Firebird with some other skills. Not to mention they should give us S27 Magic Missile power baked into Mirrorball which was also a nice way to play with Firebirds. Way more enjoyable than FB Flameblades. Not to mention Firebird should work with Archon DW… damn they made sure to destroy at lot of fun builds. And bet your rear on it, Tal Meteor will likely follow after S28.