Annihilus Charm SP / LADDER-Only

I agree, I would rather see Anni as a high tier end game item than one that’s handed out as candy. It’s a 1 to all skills SC, it has the perfect makings of an end game item for high level characters. That’s why I hope Diablo doesn’t spawn globally across all hell games.

I don’t think many veterans will agree with your post, but I do like the idea of making Uber Diablo a special event to look forward to. It would be nice starting up a ladder character with the intentions/hopes of running into Uber Diablo.

What’s worse? Making the anni too hard or too easy to obtain? I’ll always side with too hard because that’s what always made the best games fun for me.

If we want to forget this ladder talk and stay in line with how singleplayer is handling it (1 soj = spawn), then it should be 20% chance to spawn uber Diablo per soj sold. Why? Because multiplayer has trading, it keeps MFing and trading with others as end game activities. It also keeps the suspense factor for when the screen starts shaking.

I would be fine with the community based event or this one.

2 Likes

LOL you obviously haven’t been in game for the past 20 years or you’d know that non ladder has been and continues to be completely dead.

Not completely dead. That is where a large portion of pvp players are.

What if I don’t play ladder or don’t want to compete on the ladder?
Although they are called Ladder Characters, players do not have to compete on the ladder to play. You can simply play at your own speed and not worry about how you are ranked on the ladder.

they must play on west because on east, there is nothing but bot runs for non ladder with the once a day pvp game with 3 people in it.

na its basically dead on west too

Their plans are for much more in Ladders, and this is precisely why they moved Ladder exclusives to NL.

On D3 - it is exactly those sorts of incentives I believe they will introduce (slowly) in Ladders to incentivize the play. I may be wrong, but I doubt it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would rather they deleted Annihilus and Hellfire Torch from the game. Anything 1.10 and up should be cast into the fire, really.

4 Likes

I’ve been saying this myself OP, quite frankly the choice to not have anni as ladder only after the removal of other exclusives was just out of touch and nàive.

I’d be rather fine with it being non ladder too if the method used to spawn was reduced.

INB4 countless morons “gated content hurrrrrr durrrrrrrrrrrr”

“Want to give nl players the shaft hurrrrrrrr durrrrrrrr”

Kinda hope duping goes out of control that way ladder can go back to what it’s meant to be.

I dont have annihilus for 20 years because i dont play like a fanatic 24/7 on the ladder, but i want to play sometimes and take one or maybe 2 annihilus with nonladder person.

Well I wonder if that will change now that they removed 95% of the reasons to play ladder, other than race to 99 leaderboard and a forced reset…

2 Likes

You missed the main point. Non-ladder after some time doesn’t have any economy if ever had one was in like first 2-3 ladder seasons.

About regions, I’m almost sure will be only one global server and events happening on non-ladder wouldn’t be on ladder and vice-versa.

It’s better to split non-ladder and ladder instead of redo the wheel, if they didn’t planned, the solution would be just making as independent event in each mode. That would solve every single concern you have. You don’t need gate content, just make them independent like they should be.

I’m sure non ladder will be poppin when D2R is released, but after a season or 2 it will be even more dead than it is now with no trading market. When ladder season ends there is a huge influx of ladder items going to non ladder which revitalizes the trade market, at least for a short time. Ladder only items being on non ladder now will ensure that the trade market for non ladder continually drops off over time.

How about you fix duping instead of creating an entire solution around it.

Jeez.

I’m sure non ladder will be poppin when D2R is released

Exactly. Non-ladder is basically Season 0 or Pre-season at this point.

This is a possible solution I came up with! Has its Pros! :slight_smile:

I’m sorry. What?

Ya…that’s a no for me.

That’s actually not a bad idea. Cant imagine everyone’s going to agree to it though.

I mean, the id on items was a great change tbh. Maybe some minor changes from later patchs also, but I would agree some items and runewords weren’t that great, because made the game really alot easier. But I don’t think all stuff were bad, some stuff were great.

Like: cube recipes, bugfixes, synergy(could be done better but isn’t all bad), less leeching and plveling, iron maiden(was both challeging and annoying), etc. Some uniques and runewords were ok, but some of them didn’t done much for the game. Because made most of uniques and runewords obsolete or undesireable.

1 Like

personally i’d say let’s just have 1 soj sold spawn in your own room = 100% diablo spawn or 50% much like SP.

If soj are indeed dupable in some ways or another so are anni’s , so i fall to see the logic , i highly doubt a dupe method could only target a specific item.

2 Likes

Bingo.
14 characters