Angelic Crucible STRAFE bug

Anybody encountering issues with the STRAFE crucible effect? I placed mine in my Quiver, and wearing the GoD set, but it does not shoot the Hatred skill (using multishot, and also switched with Impale).

I had also tried putting it in the Yang’s Recurve, but still not shooting the Multishot while strafing. Is there a place here where we could report such a bug? Thanks and happy gaming!

However, before you start a thread over there, the crucible power causes Strafe to fire your last used hatred spender whilst strafing. Can you confirm that you are manually casting a hatred spender (e.g. Multishot or Impale) before you start strafing?

Hi, yes i can confirm that I first cast the Multishot before hitting the Strafe button. It still not work (but in the PTR when i tested it works just fine).

I can do a LIVE video on it if it needs proof so I can send to the Bug Report with evidence.

Just to rule it out, you do have some equipment that you used the angelic crucible on, that gives the strafe effect?

I dearly hope that you don’t perceive this as condescending. I am dead honest.

I am not sure if this is your exact problem, but I have found I do not get multishots while strafing in town, but I do get multishots if there are targets that can be hit.

The hatred spender (e.g. multishot) is only fired if the strafe projectiles hit something, indeed.

1 Like

That’s not necessary for the Strafe power. It just needs a nearby target in order to have something to fire spenders at. The Strafe projectiles don’t actually have to hit.

You can see this with Demolition rune: the Demolition shots don’t hit right away, have a slower travel time so it makes it easier to see. I just checked this with Demolition with both the Strafe power and with GoD set.

Multishots will go out as soon as you start Strafing if there is an enemy on screen, even if the grenades don’t hit anything.

Contrast this when using Demolition with GoD. Auto generators will not go out right away, they only go out once the grenades make it to a target. And they won’t fire at all if the grenades don’t hit an enemy, even if there are enemies on screen.

i’m having the same issue this morning, i had full buff 2.7million dps which could easily done great rift level 100 within 2mins this morning, but after i angelic crucible my quiver, not the main weapon, when you go inside rift even you do impale hit mobs first, then strafe. you can see the impale effect but still not damage. i cant even kill one mob in rift lv 100.

dumb question but are you sure you’re using the correct angelic power…remember there are 3 different powers for each class

Perhaps a dumb question, but you do remember to cast it before you start strafing, right?

I’ve encountered this too, and it is not isolated to the quiver. I used it on my bow. I can be mid-level, mowing everything down along the way, and all of a sudden, I do no damage. The health bars on whites don’t move. I reapply my MS, but still nothing. After death, it usually resets. Have to try going to town or something else too for future testing.

I haven’t gotten so far in s27 but I sometimes experience that when starting a GR I seem to do no damage at all (using the UE Strafe/multishot build) and that it takes a (short) while before the angelic power registers and monsters start to blow up. It only happens at the very beginning so I suspect it can be due to some sort of lag before the server registers that there is an angelic power present…

maybe im wrong, but I think you have to have a mob targeted with the cursor in order for multishot to go off if youve fired it before strafing. If im running around not targetting anything, it just strafes to wherever the cursor is but if I highlight a mob, multishot goes off.

I am experiencing something similar with GOD and hungering arrow I am supposed to be generating momentum. the damage bonus and movement bonus does not always proc after strafing and back to just hungering arrow.