Ancient Primal bug: Suddenly lost almost all damage

Season 27: This has happened to me maybe twice before now. I was using an ancient primal Yang’s Recurve on my DH. I stopped playing the game for about a week, and when I got back on, the weapon’s base damage stat dropped as if it was a level-1 item. I’m at a complete loss as to how this happened, and I’m wondering if there is a way to “repair” the item without using something like an Angelic Crucible to re-roll it. The sanctified item on this character is the Wraps of Clarity bracers. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have any insight or thoughts on whether it can be repaired? And how in the H-E-double toothpicks did it even happen??

Usually this happens when the damage range has been rolled off the weapon.

I looked at your seasonal DH and it has an ancient bow.

I’m adding a screenshot. I, fortunately, had an ancient Yang’s in reserve. That is, if I can add a screenshot.

https://imgur.com/XrLdx5t

By the way, this didn’t happen when I was changing a stat; it either happened while I was logged out or during gameplay after I logged in. I didn’t notice it right away. I sanctified a goblin ring in my character inventory, then I went into the goblin realm and noticed that the goblins were not falling as easily as they should have.

The picture shows that the primary damage range is rerolled to CDR… Either by yourself or someone else who has access to your account.

PS. Don’t use Stricken untill killing the rift guardian begins to take too long time. The gradual damage increase only works on one monster at the time, so it’s worthless when fighting hoardes of monsters.

1 Like

Thanks. I can only imagine that somehow I was playing with a primal weapon with no damage and not realizing all along that it had no damage. Guess it’s par for the course, given I’ve been working with COVID brain for the last week.

Most of us have made mistakes playing this game.
Rolling off the damage range on a weapon can be useful in a thorns build or on a follower weapon (if the other stats on the weapon are useful for the build).