Ancient Dawn, cube or keep?

Currently gearing up my seasonal UE Multishot DH. I was rocking my Ancient Dawn as my weapon, but finally got a Yang’s (non-ancient). Should I cube the Dawn or keep it? Is there any build where Dawn is better in the weapon slot? It has great stats, I’m nervous about cubing it…

As good as a Dawn can be, it isn’t recommended for UE multishot because Yang’s has the MASSIVE 40-50% RCR which isn’t available as a cubed legendary. This bonus will be even more important next season with one of the new crafted sets.

The only uses for a non-cubed Dawn at the moment are for Rapid Fire, M6, and perhaps some other unorthodox setups (e.g. N6 FoK, UE Grenades, etc.)

1 Like

UE/Grenades makes use of Dawn and Fortress Ballista equipped, with a Buriza-Do Kyanon in the Cube, but this falls far behind UE/Multishot due to the huge buffs that Yang’s / DML received.

If you want an example…
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Meteorblade-2266/hero/107322060

Since stash space isn’t an issue in seasons usually, if an item that I want to cube drops first as ancient (10% of the time), I tend to wait to the second falls and cube the normal/worst version.

6 Likes

Yeah - you can cube the Yang’s to keep the MS speed/damage bonus, but the loss of RCR is major - you need it to be able to spam MS.

1 Like

I found a primal with 55% RCR. Using Crimson, is it worth it to keep the 5% RCR or do I even have a choice to roll the extra 5% ?

Don’t forget rapidfire! Either Natalya or LoN Dawn is BiS. Both are very strong, too.

I would like to know this as well… how can we be sure that its 5% that’s going to be rolled off? what if the base is 40+%, the 10+% is going to be rolled off right?

Primal what?

Yang’s?? (Guessing since you ref Crimson)…

If so, it’s actually 10 % but on top of a Primal Yang’s 50% RCR makes it 55%

You would see the 10% RCR as a reroll option with Myriam.

1 Like