Altar of Rites not recognizing augmented offhand item

Augmented Ancient Legendary offhand phylactery (Bone Ringer was augmented as a weapon with a level 30 gem) is not being recognized as an augmented weapon for the offering. This results in wasted effort in leveling the gem to 30, the 3 flawless royal gems and their cost, and the ancient legendary item.

Don’t shoot me. I’m just the messenger.

Kanai’s Cube lists Shields under the Weapon Slot. To craft Shields at the Blacksmith you’ll find them listed under his Armor tab.

I don’t believe the Altar recognizes Shields, or other defensive Off-Hand items, as “Weapons”.

Try crafting the least expensive Level 70 Weapon at the Blacksmith until you get an Ancient version. Then, augment that for your Sacrifice. (You should have plenty of Death’s Breaths and Bounty Mats).

7 Likes

Must be Level 50 Augment :slight_smile:

1 Like

no, any ancient weapon (i.e. with an inherent damage range) with a level 30 or higher augment will suffice.

5 Likes

IIRC, the flavor text on the Altar says “Level 50” but it actually works with any augmented weapon which requires at least a level 30 gem to augment one at the Cube. I almost always use a spare Whisper… usually one from my first run which isn’t rank 125.

1 Like

I can’t find that anywhere.

According to the D3 Game Guide/Kanai’s Cube/Caldesann’s Despair:

Item Legendary Gem Rank
Weapon 30
Jewelry 40
Armor 50

(Of course, items must be Ancient plus you need 3x Flawless Royal Gems, excluding Diamonds).

Season 28 Blog/How to Unlock Seals and Potions states:

1. Any Augmented Weapon

I cannot currently verify exactly what it says in-game since I’ve already unlocked all the Seals.

If I decide to play on Europe and/or Asia Regions, I’ll try to screenshot the Altar when I get to Seal #24. (Unless someone else beats me to it).

That would make sense because of the Cube Recipe requirements.

1 Like

The level 50 augment is for the Season Journey and does not have to be a weapon.
Altar requires an augmented weapon for sacrifice.

4 Likes

Was playing thru in SC to hang with clan members and verified it says, “Augmented weapon” in the altar text. So it’s a weapon, not “off hand”, and I used a rank 30 GoE just to make sure it worked correctly and it did.

4 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation.

Yeah. I kind of figured that. But, I didn’t remember it specifying it had to be Augment 50+. That is for a Season Journey Objective, as @yessquire pointed out.

3 Likes