Altar Finished - Did Not Receive Two Primals From Bounties

When completing bounties, I opened all ten of my caches. I received a primal that I did not need, so I instantly salvaged it. I did not have another primal in my inventory, on the ground, or that was already salvaged. I have completed the Altar of Rites and have been receiving double primal drops from rifts. I have 75 primordial ashes now, which can only happen if I did not receive and salvage the other one. And let me tell you, I’m probably going to salvage it. I am sure it came from the bounty caches, as I only had 3 regular legendary items in my inventory at the time.

Please award me with 55 primordial ashes, or my second primal. I completed the Altar of Rites in the first 3 days of this season, and would be very disappointed if I am not awarded my primal drops properly.

1 Like

Bounty caches have a certain number of items in them. They never have, and never will, award extra items no matter what the season theme is.

2 Likes

Then the altar is a lie. And all that work was for nothing. Blizzard needs to update the altar tooltip to: “When one primal drops, another random primal drops. Unless you are doing certain content where only one primal will drop such as bounties.”

I guess it depends on what “Drops” means to the Devs.

• Items from a mob or a chest ARE something I would consider a drop, and you DO get double primals for those.
  • Items from Kadala are NOT something I would consider a drop, and yet you DO get doubles primals from Kadala.
  • Crafted items are NOT something I would consider a drop, and you do NOT get doubles for crafted items.
  • Cache items are NOT something I would consider a drop, and you do NOT get doubles for cache items.

Not really sure how they define “Drop”.

2 Likes

It is not a drop. It is just a reward.

Completing all of the bounties in an act will reward you with a loot-filled Horadric Cache, which can contain one exclusive legendary item from that act (up to two in higher Torment difficulties), crafting materials, and other riches. Certain items, including crafting reagents used for Kanai’s Cube, can only be obtained in this manner. Horadric Caches from Act IV offer a random reward from the other acts.

https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/game/guide/gameplay/game-modes