All unspoken dialogs with NPCs are gone after reaching act v

The NPCs i am talking about smith, jeveler and other nomad romani woman. I had lots of unfinished dialogue options with them, left them for the endgame then killed diablo and continued to act v and voila, whole dialogue options are gone. I can’t learn how their stories end now, disappointing…

This was not a case between when you pass from act ii to act iii etc.

You should be able to go back to Act 4, or any other act, by clicking on Game Settings on the main menu and then clicking the Change button on the new pane that will pop up. Be careful not to click on the Reset Quests button, if it’s available – it probably isn’t because you haven’t done the whole story yet, because that would throw you back to the very beginning of the story.

This is not a bug. There are some Conversations, for many of the NPC Achievements, that can only be accessed at certain times in the Campaign. If you miss your “window”, they’re gone.

As Boubou pointed out, you can reset your game to the proper Quest and get the Conversation at that point.

Here is a list of NPC Conversations:

Here is a Blacksmith Conversation Guide:

so if i return a quest let’s say before killing diablo i have to kill diablo again? and if i do that do i lose items i got after that quest?

i am asking because you can farm diablo in this way in story mode right?

Yes. If you return to a previous Quest you can always go back to the Quest you were currently on.

You keep whatever you earned, progression or items.

So, you could farm Diablo, or any Boss, in Campaign Mode. But, if you have Reaper of Souls, it would be better to farm in Adventure Mode.

If you want further help, you should move this thread to the New Player Help Forum.

Moving Threads

1. Click the pencil icon next to the title of your thread. (See image below).

1. Click the "Category" field to bring up a list of D3 Forums. (See image below).

1. Find the proper Forum and select it.
  2. Save your edit.
This will move your thread to the selected Forum, including all replies.
1 Like