All Things offtopic

We had several of these on the old site, good time to bring one back.

Friday, got a mass text to all the massage therapists from the Asst manager, claiming everyone was going to a mandatory 5 day work week. I wasn’t to thrilled about it, and the way the schedules are for others, i wasn’t thrilled about that either.

Later that night, i find out one of the females got fired, and this was to help cover where we fired her.

I get a text the next morning from one of the therapists. I’m considered Lead Therapist, so my job is to speak on behalf of the rest of my team.

she said " I talked to Davia (Asst manager) about how its too much for me and I can’t work that much. She told me I was wrong, and I have to do it anyway. I feel like my needs and boundaries are not being respected."

now, in my line of work, 25-30 hours is considered full time, considering we have a very physically demanding job. Not every therapist can work those kinds of hours. Basically Davia scheduled over all, for my therapist to work 3 extra hours a week. you’re thinking, 3 extra hours, why whine and moan" She is physically unable to do that, and IMO was overworking herself as it is before this change.

So that was the straw that broke the camels back. I called the owner, and spoke to him and his wife. They were not told about Brandi being fired, but at the same time, they were in total disagreement about 5 day mandatory work days.

I called today, and my schedule for the next week or so, is the same as it has been. So they probably straightened their butts up. Plus as i told the owners wife, i’m trying to protect my team from getting burned out or hurt. She agreed.

Now, I tell you that story to tell you this one. This morning I received an email, which at first worried the crap out of me.

“I have been selected by Brandi (therapist we fired) to complete a moral character form for the NC board of massage and bodywork therapy licensure process.”

at first i thought it was a complaint email or something, but after reading, i realized, she’s trying to get licensed in North Carolina.

Now, Brandi has been a pain in my butt, since we hired her. Recently she started having “personality disorders” and just saying random crap in front of clients and what not. but she’s always been pushy about our protocols and loved to talk crap to me, about said protocols.

Not really a dilemma, cause i’m gonna tell the truth, but I just wanted to basically vent, that I feel like I’m in a rock and a hard spot. Why the F did she choose me??
Does she think i’m actually gonna say anything nice about her? I feel like, 1 hand i should help and lie, but there are consequences for doing that, or 2, tell the truth about her character and what i’ve experienced in the past year, and lessen the risk of a client getting hurt.

Quick update:. I deleted the email. Considering she would have gotten a copy of what I said, it’s been suggested to ignore the email.

2 Likes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwmeH6Rnj2E

The Prophecy is True.

Mad Mike died in a homemade rocket in an attempt to prove the earth is flat…he certainly is now…

Deontay Wilder was in the news recently bragging how he would’ve knocked out 1986 Mike Tyson… Then lost the championship fight this past weekend.

That being said… F*** no lmao. Dide ia smoking some super dope or some super coke. 1986 Mike Tyson with Kevin Rooney as his trainer… He had head movement, speed, and threw vicious combinations. Watch some of his 80s fights and look how he slipped those punches and was hard to hit. Tyson was the master of the Cus D’mato style of fighting. Turned a defensive style into an aggressive defensive style. Just look at old Floyd Patternson fights (another fighter trained by Cus D’amato) and see how much more of a defensive fighter he is.

Now a Mike Tyson with Robin Givens/Don King in his corner… Yah he would get knocked out. I still remember the night of the Buster Douglas fight. I still remember the cutman using an ice cube inside a condom on Tysons face instead of an endwell… U know that big metal block they keep on ice and smash on the lumps and welts around the eye lol.

Post prison/ mid 90s Tyson … Possibly. To be honest, Tyson was probably in the best shape of his life. He was built very solid and his punching power seemed harder. Only problem is his actual boxing skills deteriorated. He was super sloppy and terrible to watch. His head movement was slower and he couldnt slip punches at the right time anymore. He turned into what we use to call in my mma days, a head hunter. Someone who is just trying to get that 1 big hit in and doesnt care how he does it. A skilled fighter will always win.

As for the final note of my boxing rant… Evander Holyfields debut fight as a heavyweight boxer was against James Buster Douglas ( yes Holyfield was never a heavyweigjt in his amateur or early professional career)… On his first title defense!!! Yes if Tyson wouldve stayed focused on boxing abd not partying/drugs we wouldve seen a Holyfield vs Tyson in 1991…

I wish boxing matches would be like this again. Seriously who has seen a recent boxing match this exciting:

@Eddy is that Brandy chick an asset or liability?? Meaning is she a super badarse worker whos personality disorders can be overlooked?? Lol of not, then see yah!!!

Liability. Straight up

Lol unfortunately from a business end she’s gotta go… Get her to quit or see if u can terminate her aka "fired’. Quitting or being terminated means she gets no unemployment lol

reading is hard for you isn’t it?? lol

she was already fired. she was asking me for help,to transfer her license to another state.

Lmao i skimmed ur topic so i didnt see that part… Cliff notes and cheating on spelling tests was style in school lol

1 Like

Spelling was my best subject, aside from reading comprehension. Math is my worst. Which is why I love being a massage therapist, no math involved lol

Math and history were my strongest. Buuit i never studied or did homework. Yet i usually got Bs and As om tests… Bit unfortunately in high school homework is a lot of credit

Wilder saying the costume he was wearing to the ring was the reason why he lost as it was heavy and drained al his energy.

I hope he takes uo the clause to have a third match with Fury…this time fury just needs to rain hard on him and knock the idiot out.

Then onto to what the world wants to see and that is the unification of all titles via Joshua v Fury…an all British epic fight to win the lot.

I stayed up till 5am to watch live Fury v Wilder and the prospect of AJ v TF is a drool fest.

Fury would win hands down.

On another note Wilder looked very scared versus Fury…actually scared…a third fight would be pointless…but I guess a very good purse.

2 Likes

He said that lol… Man im with u i hope Fury knocks him for good. At least he didnt pull Bruce Seldon and fake like he was hurt.

Lol im still laughing at 1986 Tyson comment. Evander Holyfield even came on Hotboxing with Mike Tyson recently even he mentioned about Tyson when he was with Rooney.

Maaan if theres a 3rd fight im ordering it. I really dont follow boxing too close anymore. When i was kid my popz had most of the superfights from the 80s on VHS tapes… After growing up watching matches like Hagler VS Leonard, Chavez vs Rosario, Tyson vs Berbick, Duran VS Leonard 1, Arguello vs Pryor… Not too many exciting ones to me. Though i do liek watching Canelo and Paquio fights were always good.

U ever any of those fights Homer??? Not many people in our age group have, but everytime there was crappy pay per view fight… They’d tell me to throw on some classic 1 thats good.

1 Like

Yeah I’m a big boxing fan as is my dad so we would watch most of the fights…been watching them since the 80’s for sure!

My favourite time that I just watched a documentary on was Eric “Butterbean” Esch…man he could punch but was no boxer!

Boxing took a dip in the 2000’s and generally not as exciting but it has picked up again.

1 Like

Had to take a quick county mandatory vacation so to speak lol… No nothing coronavirus related. My first sentence is dead giveaway.

Now im just working on getting my ps4 back or a new 1.