All new heroes automatically have completed the season

I have one hero that has completed chapter 4 of season 18. If I create a new season hero instead of being at the start I can see they are also completed the same tasks (like reaching level 70, even though they are just level 1).

View Details button on the character screen says “Congratulations the following has been added to your collection” and shows the frame, pendant and set armor (which is not added).

This happens for any new hero I create, please help

Not a bug. That is how season journey works.

Also, this is a bug report forum, not a help forum. If you don’t know how the game works, you are better off posting on the New Player Help forum.

4 Likes

I thought it was a bug so I reported it as a bug.

So the season journey is just for one hero and then every hero you role after that is already completed… it kinda sounds like a bug. I should wait for season 19 before I role my next hero?

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23093786/?blzcmp=app#haedrig
If you had read this^^^ you would not be reporting a “Bug”.

2 Likes

Yeah I see this response a lot. It’s not a good response. I read through this before hand but missed understanding the one line;

Players can only unlock one Class Set in this manner per Season across Hardcore and Non-Hardcore, so choose wisely!

It would make sense to have some of the info in game when viewing the season journey it could say which of your heroes completed which chapter and instead of showing the armor for the current hero (with text saying it was added to your collection, which it hasn’t) it could show the armor that was added for the hero that completed it. This would remove the ambiguity from the interface.

Patch notes / release notes, are not something main stream customers pay a lot of attention to.

Cheers

1 Like

But they should. Stop being lazy and expect everyone to hand feed you all the information. Take the initiative and learn the game.

2 Likes

Hahahaha, ahhh, god bless you. But seriously… I don’t think wanting to play a game without going through patch notes makes me lazy, nor do I recall asking to be hand fed. It seemed odd so I considered it a bug, I now know better. Let’s leave it at that.

Cheers

1 Like

If you don’t want to read the current Patch Notes before starting a new Season, that’s your choice.

But, do the rest of us a favor: The next time you “think” you have a game bug, at least read the Patch Notes before posting a bug report that not only wastes the players’ time who are trying to help you, but also Blizzard’s QA Team, who has to read through these threads, when they could actually be gathering real game bug information to pass along to Blizzard developers.

In the meantime, please read:

1 Like

You can only start two chars from Level 1 – one regular and one hardcore. If you do not want to wait for next season, just start up your other char now.

The armor is NOT added to the character that completed the chapter. It is added to your collection so that any character can open it.

You can start multiple characters during Season.
The Gifts are assigned to the Character that Opens them, not the one that claims them.
However, if a Hardcore Hero completes a chapter, the gift is bound to HC and cannot be claimed by a SC hero (and vice versa).
If you complete the Chapters in SC and then start a new Hero in HC, the Journey will show as complete in HC as well.
You can complete more than one Season Journey if you start Heroes in the other two Regions.

I completely agree. The in game text and visual is misleading.