Aegis of Valor: Why?

The thing is, we already have a holy shotgun build. Others have pointed out how other sets could have been tweaked to make it viable. We didn’t need a brand new set for this.

Sets are meant to present something you can’t get through LoN or otherwise. We currently don’t have a phalanx build (and haven’t ever since pony build was crippled)

I would have been fine with tweaking existing things to give FotH a more staple role, I’m all for it. But when it comes to a brand new set, I want a playstyle that’s new and exciting. Aegis of Valor is neither of these things.

I am actually kind of looking forward to playing this set, checking out the visuals, both of how the set plays and the transmogs.

Worried about the 4 piece bonus, the lag, and the short, zero iteration PTR. If there is any set that will simply fail/be delayed due to technical issues, this is the one.

Yes, I agree phalanx should be added to it, and maybe smite. (along with appropriate changes to legendaries.)

So the build plays as expected… spam Fist of the Heavens and try to keep my resource up via Unstoppable Force and Provoke.

I could’ve done that with LoD/LoN.

So once again, why is this the new Crusader set?

2 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree, My point is simply the thread I dug up had a request for a FoH build as the most requested set. And thats what they gave us. I feel like that effort such for acknowledged.

1 Like

This set is garbage.

Creating a new set and make it one of the weakest set is stupid. It’s like not having new set cause we will never play it.

Every new set have to be top-tier, if not why even bother.

1 Like

Hey, just saw this thread… I started a similar one the other day. To sum up a bit what I proposed:

Have a clearer “themed” set that is more then just spamming FotH, but including other skill interactions in the build.

By “theme” , I mean a “from the Heavens” type theme, encompassing both FotH AND Heaven’s Fury in the build. Also, probably including other skills that don’t get as much love (ex: consecration, judgement…)

I would kind of see the set work like this:

2-piece: same as it is now, but add a 20% CDR to Laws of Valor and 20% RCR to FotH

4-piece: after activating Heaven’s Fury, Consecration or Judgement, take 50% less dmg for X seconds (maybe 15-20, I dunno)

6-piece: increase the dmg of FotH and Heaven’s Fury by X%.

I think by including Heaven’s Fury in the build, the dmg - thx to multiple dmg multipliers from other items - would certainly give it a solid boost.

But keep in mind that numbers can always be tweaked. I think developing the skills and play style are more important at this stage, and having some of those skills use synergies with each other seem really interesting, if at least not fun and cool-looking.