Aegis of Valor Toast 2.6.8

As I usually don’t play crusader in 4p (too low para), a friend of mine actually tested the difference. No stutter step => 46s to kill a boss with power, almost exactly the same as with stutter step. Without power, it took 1 rotation longer.

1 Like

The lazy shotgun version is still super fun to play. lol.

Just use a dagger and stack attack speed on gear. Obviously faster your IAS faster the animation (unless there is a cap on the animation). I don’t think the nerf is too bad. And also Group RGK variant is using BH as the stricken stacker, so I don’t think it will effect stricken stack at all in the group meta. There may be further nerfs during the PTR though. Fingers crossed it doesn’t happen.

is there an up to date guide for this?

i suppose lazy shotgun will play something similar to how id like the set to play out but still doing most dmg for hf isnt great

And, to be honest, 140-144 probably was the intended GR max. I am fine with that. Personally, I wouldn’t mess with the DPS, but stutter-stepping should be removed as it clearly bypasses/cheats the actual attack speed limitation.

Achilles made a video guide that should have a relevant explanation of Lazy Shotgun, it’s somewhere below this thread.

You can inspect my non-season character Elsa, i recently did a NS push of GR138 @ 4400 paragon without using stricken. I am waiting for my seasonal gear to merge over before going at it again.

There are lots of ways that you can build it:

• Provoke, Iron Skin, Punish
  • Stone Gaunts vs Aquilas
  • Esoteric Alteration, Mutilation Guard, Gizzard, Invigoration Gem
  • Stricken, Gogok, Zei’s, BotP
  • Unity + Justice Lantern + FoT, Endless Walk + Justice, Endless Walk + CoE
  • Indestructible, Finery, Renewal
  • Follower or No Follower

You’re going to want high block chance and good survival to succeed. Start with the highest defensive settings, then swap the above options around until you find a good balance that works for you.

3 Likes

you can try tomorrow on ptr :slight_smile:

For Seasons Testing

I will be playing a combo of lazy shotgun and standard with Fate of the fell and ivory tower in cube I will see you guys out there once I test it but it should basically bridge the gap in the right gear set.

Block chance will be mandatory on shield and will probably be the hardest piece to gear but the setup will be something like this.

Travelers pledge compass, orotz on characer

Fate of the fell, Ivory tower, Rorg in cube

Pig sticker with 10%, 7%As, 10% cdr, 10% RCR
Shield of Fury Block%, 10% CC, 15% HF, 8% cdr

Pretty much the same gear as the current shogun setup

Passives will be Fervor, Hold your ground, Holy Cause and Finery

Due to the fact we are running a block build we cant run shield glare no more so skills will be

Judgement- debilitate, Akarat’s Proph, Iron Skin Flash, Foth Fissure, HF Fires of heaven, Law of valor unstoppable force

Gems PE, Bane Trapped, Stricken

The change to stutter step is pretty much going to be a 8-10 GR nerf overall so they are going to get what they wanted thats for sure build is overall so clunky feeling I honestly might now even play it this season.

of course its average was so high because literally EVERYBODY was playing AND pushing it. why would anybody try to push solo on other builds last season?

That’s your problem and, as you so accurately point out, your opinion.

Nerfing stutter step is a joke, I could care less whether you agree or not but it was a bad game choice they should rework the animation because it is insanely long and clunky.

Having cleared a 140 on the ptr, I didn’t find the build to be clunky at all without stutter stepping. But I was using a fast atk speed weapon so that helps.

2 Likes

Kindly I have to disagree but I have a different build I will be running anyways for shotgun pushing which I have been holding on to.

Lazy shotgun works really well in S20. The only downside is if you get a rift guardian that doesn’t really attack much, it’s a buzz kill. Blessed ground only does so much damage.
Instead of unstoppable force, I like to use provoke/hit me. Lazy shotgun’s dps and also survivability is based on how often you get attacked. On a dense map, it’s amazing how fast stuff dies when everything is attacking you.
Early on in season 20, I’m cubing more for survivability, but after getting augments and some paragon, can loose unity and cube something fun and offensive. Or go with endless walk. Endless walk is pretty brutal without some paragon.

Good evening Saders,

I have made a post on the PTR Feedback section regarding Bracers of Fury proc, please help me get some traction to get this item fixed out of its current state the item is lackluster at best. Would appreciate the support on getting this fixed.

I got you, but just remember Blizzard has one nerd chained to a desk in a cubicle balancing 3 new sets and all of the item changes a long with them.

Odds of this getting onto its desk for season 20 is pretty low.

Curious, what was your previous best? How many tiers is the nerf?

I never pushed with shotgun. My best with stutter step is 144, took me 5 keys.
The 140 was done with 1 or 2 keys on the ptr. The damage seemed better in 140 no stutter step than in 144 with stutter step, so maybe 2 or 3 levels nerf for me. If you were a better stutter stepper than myself, it might affect you more.

If you can’t hang toe to toe in those high GRs, the nerf is probably larger, those speed stutters were giving quite a bit of defensive benefit. Overall, AoV is still top game.

1 Like

For S20 just put every Heaven’s Fury Shield in the cube, equip Akarat’s Awakening, put Blessed Ground on your skill bar, and win.

something like this: https://ptr.d3planner.com/560046286