Aegis of Valor Toast 2.6.8

Hope you guys enjoyed a season playing this set because its soon to be neutered come 2.6.8 if the developers have their way.

1 Like

Yep RIP sader for meta and never to be return till D4!

That’ll be at least 50% dps loss unless they increase shield of fury stack to at least 60 plus change the way bracers of fury works. (it’s hardly up at all with these CC mobs)

Bracers of Fury -: increase damage by 400% to the first 5 enemy hits… instead of relying them to be stun, immobile or blind which only last for 1-2 secs in group.

2 Likes

I wonder how much nerf they’re factoring in by addressing the extra attacks from stutter stepping.

My prediction is they will consider it as a 2x damage boost, then make a small modification to the 2pc bonus to bring the strength down by 8GRs. This will make Ivory Tower and Fell/Furnace a little more compelling.

I’m super curious how an AD packed long range Blessed Ground build will manage too

On the RGK side, I doubt anything crusader has will touch Johanna’s.

Stutter stepping is how the build survives as well in high density, its a complete destroyer.

1 Like

the set is still awesome. stutter stepping was basically exploiting. that’s why I did the lazy shotgun, which is still pretty strong. it was more fun before they capped the shield of fury, but oh well.

if they do “fix” the problem, I hope they at least reset the leaderboards.

2 Likes

Also what makes the build feel good IMO. Even with Pain Enhancer + Pig Sticker it feels so slow without animation cancelling.

They basically want to take all thought and skill based parts of the builds out of the game. Its getting out of hand honestly

2 Likes

I don’t know. Maybe try and turn some of your creative genius towards the forces of good.

1 Like

Theyll probably quarter the setbonus’ damage AND fix stutterstepping to bring it down to grift 99 in power :smiley:
The blizzard way

Even if you quarter the DPS and remove stutter step, it will still push 140. That’s how strong the set currently is./

3 Likes

I’d rather have a double quarter pounder instead of a quarter 2pc AoV.

1 Like

just put fires of heaven on a hard timer. problem solved.

Having to play with Necro Thorns or BS will be a hell of a pain …

They should at least maintain the RGK, should leave the shield as it was before, and change the armbands to “the first 3 enemies”, this would possibly drastically reduce solo, but would maintain the RGK potential

Still, I fear that Ivory Tower will make Sader HF the new “thorns”, Orlash would be the new “blighter”

No nerf other than the bug fix. so that’s nice.
They should really reset the normal leaderboards though, because no one is going to be able to duplicate holy shotgun without the stuttering.

1 Like

stutter step removal takes 2 aps away from the build so its an overall nerf of 40% OVERALL. This isn’t even factoring the loss of stricken stacks for RGK, this is one of the biggest nerfs to a build in game. They effectively neutered it the first time by nerfing Shield of Fury now you remove the only thing that made the build strong in the first place. Please just remove heavens fury from the set and rebuff shield of fury again so I can play it in akkhans what a joke.

2 Likes

A 40% nerf to a build that can clear 150 solo (realistically, 152 or 153) is bringing back down to 147 (149). If you divide its damage again by 2, you’re still looking at 142 (145).
And losing stricken stacks ? No. You’re hard capped at 0.9/APS for stricken stacks. If you attack faster by stutter stepping, you may even get less stricken stacks overall. You’re like Free, trying to keep crusader broken when it should be balanced if we ever want other builds to compete.

3 Likes

Kikaha your not understanding and do you even play crusader? I have played shotgun for 19 seasons and your trying to lecture me on how the build works?

In my current shotgun setup through stutter stepping I can do 5 aps in density with the nerf to stutter step I will only be doing 3 this is a 40% overall nerf to my total damage. Meaning this is more effectively closer to a 10 GR nerf and greatly effects RGK pretty much destroying it as a viable option. This will push RG kills almost double there current time, time will tell how big it is but it is a significant nerf on something that didn’t need to change.

Secondly bane of the stricken’s ICD is attached to attack speed which is why with blessed hammer when fully geared correctly can achieve 180 stacks per minute.

Lastly I was one of the main people who disclosed how absurdly strong the build was and where to nerf it but they chose to nerf the COMPLETEY wrong stuff. Now effectively ruining the playstyle that made it enjoyable and every other setup that could run the build. I am not against bringing the build in line but doing it the right damn way, so get out of here with your comments about me thinking it should stay op.

3 Likes

RIP Crusader and Wiz will be the new RGK. The Devs said they would keep it as strong as they remove animation cancelling but it is not true. See you Crusader in season 20 and there is no fun builds at all. Is it a prank?

Its a joke honestly, my mind is seriously blown and its thanks to a bunch of whiners on these forums that no nothing about the builds. Was fun while it lasted though, AOV useless set season 20

2 Likes

… https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Kikaha-2290/hero/69080343

Yes and ? Hammer build is not even the strongest boss killer setup right now, it’s furnace build. Cf all the top clears on EU, they kill boss in a minute flat (if that much) without a pylon.

I literally was the crusader to make a 150 4p with the build when the patch hit, on Rob’s stream, and then went on doing much testing to see what was the best setup for the build.

1 Like