Advice for Witch Doc: Which Set(s)?

For some reason, I can’t post this directly to the WD page soooo…

I’m fairly new and I’ve just stared gearing up to take on rifts and other end game stuff. I’ve heard that the Witch Doc is better with sets than regular legendaries so I’m looking into those. Right now, I have two ideas in mind.

1. Mundunugu’s Regalia Spirit Barrage.
  2. Raiment of the Jade Harvester AND Zunimassa’s Haunt.

For Mund’s, I’d obviously be relying on the SB. I’d probably use Manitou to save mana where possible which could let me keep Aquila Curiass up as much as possible. This would be a much more active build for me. It would also save me two equipment slots to do with as I please which I’ll get into in the next part.

For the Jade+Zuni idea, I’m a little curious how things would synergize which makes me a bit more hesitant. I love pet builds and this would let me do that thanks to Zuni set. I would only use two pieces of the Jade set so I could get that 2 piece Haunt bonus so give myself something to do while my pets do the heavy lifting. The 6 piece bonus from Zuni is where I am curious. It boosts damage by enemies hit by my mana spenders. Obviously, this would be targets of Haunt. Problem is, that kinda requires my pets to focus fire on the Haunt targets. Probably not too hard for them to do, but IDK.

I’m just curious what people recommend. I like both these ideas, but Mund seems to leave my pets in the dust, but wrecks shop, while JadeZuni seems like it would be difficult to focus with.

EDIT: Also, would Helltooth be better than Zuni’s Set? I’m a dork so it just occurred to me that might work as well. Though, I am hesitant to be reliant on Wall of Death and also be using haunt regularly for the Jade set.

Are you on a console? Console players are restricted to certain forums, since there are a lot of game differences between PC and Consoles.

I’d recommend reading some of the WD guides on Maxroll.gg to get a better idea of which set is strongest, but also, keep in mind that the strongest set might not be the most fun to play for you.

Also, You tube is a good place to see the sets in action so you can see if the playstyle appeals to you or not.

Sidenote to the forum moderators: I was allowed to post that Maxroll.gg link without formatting it.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding you. But, you are Trust Level 3 and I believe Maxroll is a trusted site.

I worked to get TL3 when the now forums came out, but I only kept it for a short time. I was not willing to scroll through hundreds of posts per day to keep it active. I am pretty sure I am not TL3 anymore.

I guess I did not realize that Maxroll was a trusted site… How many sites are trusted beside Blizzard, YouTube, and Maxroll?

Your .json Profile says you’re Trust Level 3. I checked it before I posted.

I’m assuming they are, because they are a group of well-known and respected streamers that created and maintain the site.

I don’t really know. If I post a URL and it embeds a clickable box, I figure it’s a trusted site. Otherwise, it will simply post as a clickable link.

Strange. I tried to post a link 3 days ago to test something else and it would not let me.

I must have just gotten TL3 again because I can now post that link.

You should bookmark your .json Profile so you can check it if you have issues in the future.

(Sorry, Zethren537. We didn’t mean to derail your thread).

1 Like

You don’t need to check your .json to see your trust level, it’s already displayed in the normal profile.
member = TL2
regular = TL3

2 Likes