Added Runewords

no, unless there is a new content patch like lod expansion.

Not strongly opposed as long as it doesnā€™t bring more power creep. No runewords even stronger than whats out now. no more runewords that are too cheap for their power. (spirit is already too OP)

Since you wont like the new runewords if they arenā€™t OP and i dont trust devs to not cause more powercreep, lets not have them.

A Lo rune and a phase blade beating every single other melee weapon in itself is a joke and should be nerfed.

Good thing you refunded then and donā€™t have to worry about it.

yep, until they make a major change. If that happens, Iā€™ll buy back. But until then, Iā€™ll advocate for changes.

Hell I think they need to nerf some current runewords (looking at you enigma) and remove the damn tele affix

Probably best to just play a game you like, but either way thatā€™s up to you.

Iā€™ll be enjoying it while you ā€˜totally donā€™t playā€™

go ahead and enjoy it. No one really cares. Iā€™ll be enjoying PD2 in the meantime (superior gameplay > just shiny graphics).

But hopefully they do make some good changes so that I have a reason to buy it again.

Im strongly against new runewords. Look up power creep in video games.

1 Like

A Lo rune and a phase blade beating every single other melee weapon in itself is a joke and should be nerfed

i kinda agree there, i didnā€™t like the OP runewords when they were introduced. Nerfing some runewords is something i would like more than making new ones or buffing others. A few runewords make others obsolete. Do we really need every char to want enigma ? Maybe remove the 2 skill levels from that one ? maybe balance the weapons a bit so Fury is actually a useful thing for a frenzy barb ?

But still, i dont trust them rebalancing things, so until i see them doing a good job at it without more powercreep, i say please donā€™t touch it.

2 Likes

PD2 is not very good, but obviously those are just our opinions.

Iā€™d prefer if PD2 players just stay away from D2, that way we can each have what we want.

No need to butcher D2 by adding PD2 garbage.

this is the very reason why I and no to changing the game

Iā€™d only be okay with them adding new RW if they were in the low-mid range and did not provide any more power than the current top of the line RW, some of which are already a bit OP.

Iā€™m okay with balance changes to characters/items/skills after a few patches provided they provide NO power creep, donā€™t destroy current meta builds (but rather bring up underused ones closer to the current meta).

Iā€™m also terrified that they will think they are doing the above but we will end up with balance that is worse instead of better, so I am totally fine with them not touching it at all.

Spoken like a dude who has never touched PD2. No one will even remotely listen to your criticism of PD2 when we all know youā€™ve never even tried it.

Itā€™s like listening to a clown making fun of airplanes when heā€™s never ridden in one himself.

These are all great points. My thing is, I started another Sorc for the 100th time and Iā€™m realizing that I keep gravitating to the same runewords. Granted, I understand I donā€™t have to use them. But it would be nice to have some more lower level runewords to play around with in normal.

Played PD2 and the corruption system is dogwater. 50% chance to poof your ring on a slam? Yeah hardcore is hard enough as is with a character death wiping my gear not having to worry about slamming 100 items to achieve 1 good extra modifier roll. Terrible system. Some of the balancing like meteor being two damage types similar to hurricane was nice.

If youā€™re going to have a game with a corruption system the percent to brick your item canā€™t be too high as well as a good corruption being too low. Otherwise you end up needing 100 versions of the same unique, shako for example. How often do you find 100 shakos in a season? No thanks. Building their end game around an improperly balanced system reminds me of full loot mmos. Sure some people are addicted to that kind of masochism, but most people just leave the game and new players are turned off by the severe punishment. After about 50 or so failed corruptions, many of which bricked multiple items in a row, I called it a day with that mod. Itā€™s not worth the time or headache but has some interesting balance concepts for skills.

We need better bow runewords and godly helm runewords on par with enigma. More runewords that use zod rune. Make a 3soket helm like zod sur jah

2 Likes

I agree. Great point.