Added Runewords

Is anyone opposed to more runewords being added to the game? Items like sorc wands could use one. I think that would be cool.

2 Likes

Nope, but further down the road. I want to enjoy D2 in R form for a good duration first before any major changes.

3 Likes

No, I have no faith in VV or Blizz adding any new content. Their job was to make a remaster.
They did that.

4 Likes

only ones at launch i wouldnt mind are those 2 ones that are like fully designed in the code but turned off. Its like Pattern claws and Plaque weapons or something.

I wouldnt be to chuffed if those were added.

1 Like

I’m opposed to new runewords unless in a new realm/ optional separate expansion.

2 Likes

for sure. I can see them adding a bunch of new items / sets as well in s2+. runeword meta is a bit stale by now ^^

1 Like

I am conflicted on this one.

1 Like

Belt and Boots runewords? :smiley:

1 Like

Opposed.

Wait for D4 for trainwreck itemization, leave D2 alone.

2 Likes

Not opposed as long as they aren’t wildly OP, but perfectly fine if it doesn’t happen.

2 Likes

Opposed. Noobs will have all the new runewords they want in d4.

1 Like

lets just hope they put runewords in D4 and dont go the stupid D3 route of Runes are skill elemental modifiers :smiley:

I don’t think sorcs need more help with runewords. Early runewords are extremely helpful to and lopsided for casters. Melee has no equivalent to spirit gauranteed power scaling at lvl25. If any runewords are added they’ll probably be mid game melee oriented. Grief is probably the closest thing to a spirit melee equivalent but the runes are more expensive and it’s a much higher level.

2 Likes

I would like them to balance some of the Original Rune Words 1st.
Some of the Original Rune Words are never use because it is just better to use the rune on something else.
Why would someone use Ko rune on Melody when it can be use on Harmony.
Same thing for Honor and Insight. They have similar rune cost and the highest rune requirement for both of them is Sol. Insight is just better in almost every way.
Insight have more damage, more attack rating. On top of that, Insight have Meditation Aura.

100% support. Much needed. 3 or 4 runewords kill item diversity already.

1 Like

I think the current runewords are fine for current content. If expansion … then yes.

After they show they understand the game and can figure out what the effects of their action are, I’m ok with them doing balance, adding runewords etc. Currently they have shown the opposite. Maybe if they pulled a lot of the long term players from PvE and PvP and had them teach Blizz about D2 then they might understand what changes can do to the game.

Blizz just doesn’t know enough about the game to make changes to it.

2 Likes

i am pleased to see they finally want to add new content. i played d2 for a long time and still playing mods to get a bit more than what i already know so super exited about that

1 Like

It should happen in a separate realm, if at all.

Imagine working for months/years to make a perfect Grief phase blade, using 70 Lo runes in the process…then they go and make a new runeword stronger than it?

No thanks.

you are correct about that but maybe make this seasonnal. idk really because after season it’s gonna go non ladder ofc