Add New Difficulty (I Play Hardcore Only)

Add a difficulty after Hell Difficulty.

I use to play in my own 8 player hardcore games (I had 8 cd keys and 8 different desktops + laptops combined, as a hammerdin (highest lvl reached was 97), and it was still easy. The only threat was dolls, which i never killed, and souls, which i avoided. Played other classes as well and it was easy in my own 8 player games.

Then what i did i said to myself i need a challenge, and i played d2 classic, in my own 8 player hardcore games. now THAT was difficult and challenging, you could actually die choosing the wrong route whirlwinding through a mob pack. You could die getting stuck in a corner, etc etc. You could die having run on, , and trying to run through a mob, d2 classic actually forced me to think each unique mob pack through, deciding the best way to approach.

Hardcore mode forces people to play with more defensive traits compared to output damage, and d2 expansion in hell difficulty and 8 players is too easy for that kind of play style. BUT d2 classic had a better amount of difficulty in its Hell difficulty, but still could have used more.

remember patch 1.07 which shipped with LOD, how difficulty and challenging that was, i miss that so much. So i understand you cant change the current characteristics of the game, but you can add a new difficulty in upcoming patches.

Thanks for reading Blizz, think about it

2 Likes

I don’t understand? You bought 8 separate computers and 8 separate copies of D2 and only played against yourself?

I don’t get it. Did you try to control all 8 chars? Are you a botter?

No i am not a botter.

Near the end of d2, finding a 8 player game was impossible, and i wanted a challenge. I bought my own 8 cd keys, only 100$, had my own laptops and cpus, installed diablo2 on each cpu and played alone in a 8 player game.

As a hardcore player, I wanted to increase the difficulty and actually walk every map by myself, I use to clear the whole game and monsters in the entire game. This is the mindset of hardcore players.
So i know how difficult the game can actually get, and it wasn’t…

Oh I see, I apologize, that’s understandable I suppose.

Take off half your equipment.

Try it then.

You can set your own challenges.

3 Likes

Try a different build then if you want more challenge… Not every build goes through the game like a hammerdin or light sorc when properly geared.

2 Likes

The builds i did this (playing solo in 8 player hardcore Hell game) was with hammerdin, every elemental sorc, elemental tornado druid, werewof druid, ebotd ww barb, bezerk barb, light trap assassin, summon necro, bone necro, light javazon, pally smiter.

That’s a fair amount of classes I played with and completed the task of solo 8 player Hell difficulty I think to comfortably say the game can use another difficulty setting.

i think should just remove hardcore from the game would solve alot of problems

What is an ebotd whirlwind barb?

And how many times did you die?

You can make it challenging in both a fair and an unfair manner.
Stuff like Iron Maiden is just plain stupid and should be a way to make the game harder. More damage and health is fine tho.

Ethereal Breath of the dying runeword.

1 Like

start a new hc challenge
play untwinked every char to a guardian - then start next one.
you can play with only selffound or with some shared gears - up to you.

1 Like

send gn for slam!!!

@makaveli
That wouldn’t solve anything, in fact that would make the Game experience for me easier

@Mousehouse
Once I started playing by myself in 8 player games, I Never died, why? Because at endgame endgame, the only 2 threats in the game in 8 player monster difficulty (due to bad design, dolls and souls) I avoided.
But In classic I did die, and that threat of dieing made Classic More enjoyable for Me (once you reach endgame endgame)

@critical
There are other ways to fix the difficulty, and that is adding a new difficulty, In the new difficulty you can make Conviction aura from monsters reduce your res more, enemies can have more damage, more attack rating, more speed, more health, more monster density. Block rate Max cap can be changed to 50%, or even 25%. Or your block rate is reduced by x%. Defense is Reduced by x% . Make Ancients spawn with unlimited random Mods like in previous patches. I remember when ancients in hardcore mode was the most funnest experience, Now it’s a joke.

Previous patches were more difficult, why is there a trend in gaming to make The game easier and easier with future patches. D3 had the same problem.
The point is by adding a new difficulty, and just changing number values in the game code, you can achieve This with not Too much work.

@rubbish
I stopped playing after the Time outs and disconnects and long queue times during last year. And you should know a character build set Up for pve is not suitable for pvp.

Of course its easy when you play with 7 mules in game and have drop as there is 8 players + you play most OP char in the game.

@zax
Don’t you think there is something wrong with that? Why is it easy? Shouldn’t it be really difficult? Depths of sancutary, hardcore mode, hell difficulty, 8 player game, soloing The “entire game” with various classes. This should sound scary and be difficult, but it isn’t.

I know majority of players haven’t done this, but I have.
I am the voice of those people that have done it.