Activision Blizzard Investigation Heats Up to Federal Level

“The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to Diablo III, Battle. net, or Blizzard Entertainment :point_left: are subject to deletion.”

if he wants publicity for his web streams then he can spam it on his twitter account no one with an IQ higher than pudding even cares about his opinions hes the kardashians of podcasting

Sometimes I don’t agree with Rhykker. I think his “Immortal” reaction where he called the PC fanbase “toxic” (or something) was uncalled for. But I respect the dude puts a lot of effort into his videos/content.

1 Like

true

I like streamers… but this guy is a clout chaser. Also ingenuine, pog amazon fixed! when she wasn’t… or ultra hype about D4 when they show 1 pixel. Whereas other content creators especially those in genshin community are down to earth and call out companies for failing to care about their fans.

Ingenuine? Do you mean disingenuous? If you’re calling him a blizzard sycophant, I would agree with a bit of that. Doesn’t change the fact he puts real effort into his videos.

Generally when the Feds bigfoot a State investigation they screw things up. They have a poor record of working playing well with others. My kindergarten teacher would have given them a “U.”

True blizzard sycophant fits better, thx. Sure he puts in the hours, no denying that… The majority of content creators are able to discuss issues in a civil manner, I don’t think he has to dislike or throw shade to be “real” as content creator, its just the boot-licking-act is just cringe content especially when you’re surrounded by 99% people who are shining a spot light on things he says are great.

End of the day a content creator has to decide what kind of community they want, for all we know he wants his clientele to be boot-clickers. More power to him.

Or he wants people who can think and interact like adults instead of juveniles trying to rebel and “piss people off”. Such as using a Btag that gets changed.

It is almost like most adults don’t act like jerks, esp in public.

People who go around causing disruption on purpose over and over are not welcome in society, never have been. Never will be. Good trouble can be effective and needed. Being jerk just to be anti everything though…well anarchists are an issue.

3 Likes

Hmm so you wanna directly confront me on this things.

Well, what can I say… Thing is who really wants to be an adult? Being an adult is the most boring thing you could ever be. To live life so rigid and sterile. Everyone in their natural state is a kid with energy, then they burn out and become fake (aka an adult). Enacting law and order is shrinking themselves into a ball and limiting existence to a handful of rules.

A happy medium is a real comedian, they are funny and think outside the box unhindered by the preconceptions of ‘adulthood’. They can talk about anything without getting serious.

I’m sure we all know that person who is the ultimate adult, they are boring, there is nothing really interesting about them. In some ways adulthood is when a person runs out of high-energy and they turn to ‘adulthood’ to rationalize their inactivity.

I mean sure we can’t always be high energy but I think a person who strives to get to the peak of energy again is more admirable than a person who gives up and decides to become an adult that polices everyone else who has high energy.

Anyway as for jerks, sure I can see your perspective. No matter how it is rationalized, being a jerk is a fatal flaw. Sure it can be funny sometimes, but it is far too easy to step over that line and permanently offend someone. This situation arises when pessimism sets in, it’s like all hope is exhausted and that in itself doesn’t leave room for many positive thoughts. But in saying that no emotion can exist by itself, nobody can hate without remembering love, nobody can be sad without remembering joy, nobody can be pessimistic without memories of hope. And so perhaps the most pessimistic people had the most hope to begin with.

It was called for since a group if them were totally being toxic.

Someone is obsessed…

Some of them were. But Blizzard was also acting pretty toxic itself. The job they did on D3, regardless whose fault it is, only proves that. The cancelled 2nd expansion. The ignored feedback. The half-assed legendaries. The imbalance of the game, which they have shown little interest in correcting. The persistent bugs, sometimes game-breaking ones, lasting years.

Whether or not Wyatt Cheng meant to sound condescending, whether or not Blizzard was trying to reset the downvoting, at some point there is going to be outrage when you don’t listen to your customers. I wouldn’t define that as being toxic, I would define that as just being unsatisfied with the job Blizzard was doing.

Don’t get me wrong. Immortal is looking at being a good game, but there was a justifiable dissatisfaction with it being mobile-only, and nothing for the P.C. fanbase at all.

PC has D3, Diablo 3, D2R and D4.

The mobile game only has one Diablo game, and it still hasn’t come out.

To me, it seems that the PC fanbase gets more love than the mobile fanbase from Blizzard.

1 Like

D2R wasn’t out yet, and it’s still just a rehash of a 20 year old game. D4 isn’t released. D3 ROS was the last installment, going on 8 years. I would say Blizzard has been remiss on both mobile and P.C.

That’s not being toxic. That’s not reading the room. No excuse for the tantrums that followed. Which is why they were rightfully called toxic.

1 Like

Waa, Blizzard gave something for the biggest gaming segment in the world and didn’t cater to the smallest, despite 99% of their catalog is on PC. These people and their disconnection from reality.

1 Like

I see him as someone who tells the news as it is. He is unbiased as far as I can tell. He also gives his thoughts on the matter he is speaking about, which everyone is allowed to do due to free speech.

Like you said, but I can add he also likes to have his viewers to think for themselves. Giving them the info to make their own decisions. Instead of trying to make the decision for them as I have seen others doing. He also will add in things that he has learned about similar issues from other companies when it is needed so we can have a full picture.

Otherwise people he would probably have us thinking just because of all of the lawsuits and the SEC that is the end of Blizz as a company along with their games.

What still think like you are 10 years old. Where you don’t even think about how things really work in the world. Where you can just imagine how you would want things to turn out. Sorry but that doesn’t work in the real world. Living by rules also means we have order. Without rules chaos reigns supreme, and I know no one would want that.

Many people are both adults and players of games as well. They live stable happy lives abiding by the rules of the land as well as the rules of any higher power they worship (religion). They have no regrets when death takes them.

I am sure if some of what was said to them was said to you, you would say otherwise. It is one thing to be unhappy with the direction that Blizz is going with a game. But to take it to the point of death threats as I have heard concerning certain games then it is going way too far.

Now I know that I as well didn’t like it when they announced Immortal. But it is now just another game that I won’t be playing. If I want the lore I can wait till one of the content creators covers the lore accurately. Instead of playing Immortal, because I will never use my phone or tablet to play games.

Players can be toxic as well as developers because both are human beings that are not perfect. Tempers flare and things are said that some later regret.

1 Like

Appears they got away with chump change for charity work. It’s more likely the punishment is still cheaper than what they paid to their lawyers.

Uhhhh, they still have several other investigations to get through, including the SEC’s.