Act I Bounty: Royal Quarters - Kill Hannes/Boyarsk etc - enter from Hall of Agony Lvl 1

Hi, I just bugged out the Kill Hannes/Kill Boyarsky Bounty.

Steps to replicate:

• Did a bounty on Halls of Agony Level 1 (Kill Crassius fwiw)
  • Took level exit up to Leoric’s Manor.
  • Entered Leoric’s Manor via the back door (i.e. opposite direction to campaign)
  • Bounty did not appear in Objectives list. I killed Hannes/Boyarsky and a bunch of stuff before realising it hadn’t kicked in. (derp!)
  • Teleported to the normal starting waypoint for the bounty and then entered Leoric’s Manor normally.
  • Bounty then appeared in Objectives list but doesn’t acknowledge I’ve killed Hannes.

I note that once the bounty has triggered via the “correct” entrance then it will appear correctly in the Objectives list even if entering via the back door again.

I have replicated it again with the Kill Boyarsk bounty for the same zone (Royal Quarters) by entering Leoric’s Manor via Halls of Agony Level 1. Killed Boyarsk but there’s nothing in the objectives list. (Screenshots below)

Also, the minimap still thinks I’m at Halls of Agony Level 1.

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Just do it in the proper order.

1 Like

This is still a bug. Just accidentally replicated the same from this post.

Conclusion

Trying to “cut corners” and save time can cause Bounty Objectives to become bugged.

Solution

Use the Map to begin each Bounty at the proper starting Waypoint.

If I recall correctly, I just happened to have finished a bounty on that floor right by the exit so I thought I’d just go up a level and go from there.

There are other bounties that work fine when you enter from the next level rather than the waypoint (e.g. Keep Depths Level 1 bounty “Forged in Battle” is usually best done by going to the Level 2 waypoint and going up to Level 1 as FiB usually happens right at the end.)

You’re mostly helpful on here, Perusoe, so I’ll let this one fly. :wink: