Act 1 Town portal! Please!

Act 1 town portal spot could you all at blizzard please relocate it from the next to the armory? Im sure you have been asked about this many times!!!

7 Likes

why? been a lurker for years. never seen anyone ask this.

2 Likes

Because it’s annoying to be constantly clicking on the stupid tavern sign or the armory instead of the portal.

4 Likes

oh yeah i have that problem too sometimes. i would like to me moved too.

1 Like

In all the years I’ve been reading these forums this is the first time I’ve ever seen this request.

4 Likes

Same here and how is it possible to not click on the portal?

1 Like

LOL. Im here Just to say the issue is real, sometimes I start my Rift Farm from Act II bc that. :joy:

1 Like

I’ve never had an issue with this. Maybe because I have superior clicking skills compared to the many?

But if it has to be moved, then I recommend putting the portal near the dock that takes people to whatever that place is called.

2 Likes

I like the layout of Act I. When I’m running rifts it’s my favorite spot. Kadala, the forge, and Orek all standing inches apart. And Cain’s tome only a leap away, what’s not to love?

1 Like

I figured it was a problem for many others as well and I thought for sure it had been posted on but maybe not. Either way I hear a lot of people including my self say what a pain it can be at times to click on. There is very little error play due to the location of the portal, blizzard could move it just a bit and rid that issue.

I guess some people just have bad aim…

1 Like

You haven’t been reading it very much then, because I made a note of this in the PTR that contained the change to the portal and addition of the armory. Due to the location of the sign and armory, only a very small portion of the portal’s mask is clickable. It’s almost as annoying as the mask for the gates in the Royal Crypt. Instead of the entire texture being clickable, you literally have to land the mouse cursor on the bars themselves to click them. In between and it doesn’t work. You can easily see this by waving your mouse cursor over the gate and watching it flicker the cursor highlight extremely rapidly.

Uh, no. That’d be the worst place to put it as it requires a lengthy run back to the main staging area. There are a few ways to fix this. One is to move the portal slightly to the left, though that would interfere with the doorway to the Inn. Another would be to move the Armory to the other side of the stash or the other side of the door. Being that the armory is infrequently accessed the latter makes more sense. The last option is to change the masks of both the portal and the sign such that the portal mask resides in a higher priority frame in the viewport than the sign and/or make the sign’s texture clickthrough (eliminate its mask).

The last two options combined would solve the problem once and for all, and make the area a bit more tidy in the process.

5 Likes

literally never had this problem in 7 years

Learn to click properly. Never seen a problem/any complaint on simple / basic clicking skills since launch. Perhaps pokemon suits you better.

what’s the percentage of that a lot of people? never knew this was an issue.

1 Like

When the Armory became part of the game I was one of the first ppl to make a post on this forum about moving the Act1 portal.

Guess what happened 80% of the time?

I got downvoted over and over and was trolled badly for it.

It really is a bad place for it.
Blizzard just don’t care about small burning issues like this.

1 Like

[quote=“TheTias-1192, post:12, topic:14900, full:true”]
Uh, no. That’d be the worst place to put it as it requires a lengthy run back to the main staging area.[/quote]

Erm, you know he was taking the mickey, right?

I’ll chime in to say it annoys me to hell as well.

Other problem I have there is how Myriam is like on another map - I hate playing from Act I because of those two issues. For instance - I love playing on Act 2 where everything is pretty close and there are no obstacles like columns in between.

4 Likes

I have a similar issue. Sometimes when I try to press M I end up pressing N or < instead.

They are good at ignoring such requests, even with NeverListens gone.

1 Like