[Wiki] Acronyms - The Definitive List plus Definitions!

Added some necro acronyms.
Still incomplete.

Edit: Thanks @Boubou for fixed a typo mistake.

1 Like

@Nevalistis
Hi Nev, hope you see this message.
We have ported this article from the old forum.
Would you help to pin this article on the forum?
Thanks.

Can anyone tell me what DCC stands for?

It’s in reference to the Templar’s Relic, Enchanting Favor. It’s suggested you get one with DCC/Block Chance if gearing him as the “Thunderfury Templar”.

Not sure what DCC is. But not many choices from Mystic. I guess it should be CHD “Critical Hit Damage”.

1 Like

In French, that would be Dégât des Coups Critiques :slight_smile:
(Critical Hit Damage).

5 Likes

Okay. That seems to make sense. Most Follower guides I’ve seen tend to agree on these Properties: CDR, AS, CHC, CHD and Mainstat.

AshTag is the first I’ve seen to suggest Block Chance. I even tried running the game and looking at all the Followers’ Details sheet for clues. :stuck_out_tongue:

Great. Thanks for the confirmation. I’ll go with that then. :+1:

*Snicker *

*Sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicker *

:wink:

The acronym for “Diablo 3, Vanilla” is missing.

The icons prevent a TL2 from saving the update. :cry:
I’ll double check on my PC.

Added “D3V” in Game-Specific section.

Unfortunately, the icons are external links and error for TL2. :expressionless:

Add the yellow diamond icon for console version. This is same as the solid orange diamond in PC version. Other diamonds seem same as PC version.

If anyone finds any discrepancy, please drop me a message. A screenshot will be welcome.

Huge KUDOS man.
I learned some new ones today. Thank you!
Maybe Blizzard should make your first post a permanent post-it byitself.

:clap:

Added AoV, PoJ, EotS, Ambo

Added H90, Mundunugu, TV, Typhon

2 Likes

Update for 2.6.9
Add GoD, HA, KP, MfD, Inarius, Masquerade, MoBC, Pestilence, Rathma, Trag’Oul

3 Likes

I usually use 777 for seven sided strike but ya know maybe im just stupid :smiley:

:thinking:
I found most people use SSS (already in the wiki).

i know i just dont like using multiple s in acronyms for historical reasons but thats prob just me

May I ask why it says: “EF - Echoing Fury (BARB skill)” because I’m pretty sure that Echoing Fury is a weapon and not a skill?

Thanks you for pointing this out. Echoing Fury is a weapon, not a skill, and not specific to barbarian.

I have searched barbarian’s skills for anything that matches EF but none was found.

As I wasn’t the original author, I don’t know why this entry appear there.

People seems to use the full name in their posts. So, I’m considering deleting this entry. I’ll give a few days cooldown to see if others have any feedback.

Possible reasons for the confusion is due to the Barbarian having the Frenzy ability. When that ability is repeatedly used it grants stacks of Frenzy, whose stacks are displayed on the ability’s icon. When mobs are killed with the Echoing Fury weapon, this results in stacks of Frenzied, which shows as a numbered icon in the buff bar. So, Frenzy versus Frenzied. Regardless, Echoing Fury and the associated Frenzied stacks are not Barbarian only.