Achieving Better Solo Balance Across Classes: Outside the box proposal

This is really good stuff. This was done exceptionally well with the data. :grinning:

Even my simple analysis of the top 10 solo greater rift positions with clears, paragon, legendary gems, and hours played in season 17 was a huge pain in the butt .

With changes to the game, necromancer and wizards now outstrip the other classes (I think with some confidence). At least for season 17 barbs, I bet that they would be a couple greater rifts higher if they had maxed their gems like monks on the top of the leaderboard and had more paragon (Their average is ~3000 while monks, necros are ~3400 while wizards are ~3700).

2 Likes

Its not just dps that is determining the GR difference between classes. Forced playstyle, damage mitigation, balance of single target and area damage, and burst vs sustained dps, all contribute.

2 Likes

All they need to do is implement solo and group seasons and gems
When a gem is level within a group Gr it can now only be used within a group this applys to gear augments or legendary gems of 100 or higher.
A player will be unable to enter a solo GR with a piece of gear that has been level 100 augment or higher with a group or a legendary gem higher then 100 which has been level within a group.

This kind of thinking would stop cheaters in there tracks who push solo leaderboards after cheating all seasons mass augmenting gear .

Or remove solo leaderboard and restrict it to Solo Self Found.

2 Likes

With the exception of barb, monk, and wizard its pretty balanced and that’s actually kinda impressive. As a temp fix (although I know they wont) they could just chop some numbers off of wizard and add some to monk and barb.

@Keyblade … Think you hit the nail on the head … I agree with you, however, this would be a lot more complex to manage (game-code-wise) since the introduction of gem/gear sharing across builds in the Armory and equipping mix and matched gear with leveled augments prior to entering a GR.

At least it wouls stop those SCUM botters slightly and essentially make at least solo leaderboards a bit more legit. I could name afew cheaters but they know who they are. Absolute scum thats for sure

If there was Solo Self Found option people would still bot there. They would also play most efficient class 90% of time and 10% of time push with other classes.

I agree theres no way to fully stop these SCUM but ay leaat you can make it harder for them. Even implementing some of manual keep alive you must do eveey 2 hours or ypu get DC like reaponding to a random question but a bot on blizzards end. Answering wrong or not at all DCs you. Something could surely midigate this

1 Like

@Keyblade,

Your suggestion would not balance the classes for solo. I have looked in another thread about fifferences in meta vs. non meta classes. Even withon the subgroups, power differences remain.

3 Likes

I asked for CAPTCHA in other tread.

Captchas have been machine-solvable for years now which means their introduction would in no way combat bots but would annoy legitimate players, i.e. it’s a lose-lose.

Cap Greater Rifts at 126.

Problem solved.