Abandon all hope

Ye who enter here.

And theres also a penatram on their website. Finally. I feel this game will be very diabilically diablo 1 feel. Anyone else?

1 Like

Personally Dave, I think D3 has a most definitive edge on darkness and a diabolic feel to it than 1 & 2 combined. Given that there’s an obvious end to the D1 game, it’s no surprise.

Regards,
LOCKJAW

I couldn’t think more the opposite to the above. But I digress.

Diablo 1’s particular feel is nearly impossible to capture by a wider scaled game for multiple reasons, and what I see so far does not appear to have a shot at reconciling them. Reaching around D2 levels with its own twist? Perhaps.

The 1st Diablo is indeed the darkest, that game look and sound like a nightmare.
I think it was the era and material ressources, just like when I have the chance to watch an old, black and white horror movie, the mood is so much more intense.
I beleive that D4 will the best of the them all, as dark as D1, characters as customizable as D2 with the fast gaming pace of D3.

Capturing the essence of D1 doesn’t work through an open world scale and dark D3 graphics.

Remastering game-play, is a good example. D1 as a series re-masters the same game play as a pillar, meaning the top-down, and open world game-play.

the original maps are random generated dungeons, that create classic replay through areas you have already adventured. The map changes, so you can experience the same map more than once.

A compelling way to consider the world in D1, as connecting to the original expansion content. That was a long running process, that was ultimately shut down by auto generated artifact hero items.

That problem was fixed by the time D2, made use of some common star map concepts. Besides adding to cosmic hero builds, the classes offered different walls, floor tiles, and environments.

D3 came into this, after the expansion content of D2, where they introduce the assassin as a playable class. I am still missing some of that content because of the era. It is simple enough, to get the complete collection still. D3 though expanded the process to individual consoles. The individual console architecture may have effected some of the available content, on each of these editions, sealing had to be preformed several times.