A Tip for Diablo 4 Developers

Well, Jesus got resurrected in the REAL WORLD and you think it’s wrong to bring back an ICON of “the cause” in a computer game? In terms of lore it’s trivial to justify it: he got his life back from God because he was a good man and Diablo is “walking the Sanctuary/Earth” again, so he is needed. Everybody would swallow this easily.

Agreed. The only thing that came back from the dead in Diabloverse became a monsters such as Leoric, Griswold, and etc unless people really want to kill Zombie Cain so much here.

Fact check time.

Not well versed in Diablo lore, but I dont think there is a god?

That is the way I could see him come back. For 10 seconds.

Stay a while and… brains…

3 Likes

The only "god’ in D3 is the 4 man meta and seed runs. Well, for some anyway.

1 Like

I don’t remember D3 being well balanced in that regard. It was almost unanimously hated on release.

D3 sold on broken promises, false advertisement and bait & switch tactics, as well as based on the Blizzard brand and the reputation of D2:LoD.

I hope the same thing doesn’t happen with D4 and people know better now.

3 Likes

There’s your problem. Perfect cannot ever be achieved. For what you like is different than what I like. So no matter what D4 is is there will be naysayers.

1 Like

I would certainly expect people to be more wary about preordering. Which is always a good thing.

2 Likes

You don’t understand what is “perfect” . “Perfect” doesn’t mean that everybody agrees. “Perfect” just means “best quality”. Some people will not be able to appreciate it or understand it, but it doesn’t make it less than perfect.

Perfect means without flaws, which a video game that is inherently subjective can’t be perfect.

Beyond that I certainly hope Blizzard will make Diablo 4 at the best quality that they can, and that it’s a game I enjoyed as much as I did Diablo 1, 2, and the rest of Blizzard’s older games.

Though Beefhammer’s point is that his idea of an amazing game that he’ll love for years to come is very different from my idea of an amazing game that I’ll love for years to come.

Neither is necessarily worse quality than the other, we just don’t like the exact same set of things in a video game.

2 Likes

One thing the developers can do is look at Examina closely. Weird game with lots of potential in the right hands - great lighting, potential superb melee combat polished up to Blizzard standards.

It’s always possible to remove all objective flaws. Subjective flaws aren’t really flaws. They are more like “preferences”. Preferences can be solved trough settings or modding.

In HC never once you have been killed. You are done just like Cain gone for ever. But there is one problem here I never die in HC. I have play 3 season without being killed. You learn how to stay alive in HC really fast.

Plus we have another person that hasn’t played very much. But he is the expert on the game and wants them to do his way. They just keep coming and going all the time with the way the game should be done. LOL

Oh? So what’re some examples of objective flaws in D3?

No skill trees, infinite power system, pigeonholed itemization

1 Like

That one at least is debatable. I’d consider PoE’s skill tree a flaw, for instance.

Its too big
It HAS a flaw
But its a great design in general
D3s skill system is…whack

2 Likes

There’s also not really objective flaws when it comes to video game design.

Most talk about things being objectively good or bad is just people trying to say “my opinion is right and you can’t argue it because I said so”.

1 Like

This “opinion” of yours shows that you have very low knowledge of game design. Did you release any games? I released two.

Any games with 1 or more dissatisfied customer are objectively flawed, as the game has failed to function. (Of course then no game is perfect.)

D2 players want D4 to have stuff from D2. But seems like D3 players almost never say what they want from D3, only what they don’t want from D2. And being contrarian for no good reason, is not opinion, just anti-opinion, IMO.

1 Like

Or maybe what D3 players wanted is already shown in D4 demo? or they prefer a new game that wont have D2 and D3 DNA diluted in D4 development?