A series of buggy happenings

Edit: OK, so apparently I’m not the only one who has gotten Years of War completed on less than six sets, so… never mind this, I guess.

TL:DR version at the bottom. I’m playing this on the Xbox series X, for reference.

OK, so I’ve been playing season 28 with a friend of mine, and we basically completed the season journey entries as we went along, mostly to get the tier 4 rewards. I didn’t originally plan on getting any further than five or six or something, because the conquests tend to be a bit on the brutal side, but somehow, I managed to get two of them completed, and of the three left, I thought I’d see if I could get “Years of War” completed as well, which would put me at 3 of 3.

I started out with a barbarian, but I eventually made a crusader as well, so I could complete the sets there. I had to give up on the Akkhan set, because that was a bit much, but the Roland set and the Invoker set GR55 went easily enough. With that, I went back to my barb to complete some of the sets there. Might of the Earth went fine, as did the IK set, but when I also easily completed GR55 with my Raekor set, it wouldnt’ register. So I tried again. Same thing; completion went fine, but there was no ‘V’ in front of the Legacy of Raekor set.

I grumbled and started a Demon Hunter with the intent of gathering the Marauder set for my sixth, but when I went to the pet section to activate one of them to handle all the pickups, I noticed the dragon pet you get for completing season journey 9 as one of the options. Confused, I checked my conquest listing again, and found my name on “Years of War” as completed… with just four armor sets. (Five, really, but I SHOULD need six anyway.) I just… what happened?! I’m still going to complete the Marauder set and then see what else I can do. Technically, I did also complete GR55 with the Savages set, but that one’s not on the list so it shouldn’t count. So now I don’t know what to do. I did get it, as I had planned, but I kinda didn’t do what was required of it – not all the way to the end anyway. And now I’m worried that if I complete a GR55 rift with the Marauder, that won’t show either, but at least I will have EARNED the rewards as per the demands.

So yeah…

TL:DR version: Having completed four armor sets on Years of War, the GR55 completion with the Raekor set didn’t show in the conquest set listings as it should, even after two runthroughs. And then I got Years of War – and subsequently Flawless Victory on season journey part 9 – marked as completed anyway, which netted me the pet and portrait frame reward, even though I haven’t technically completed it yet. (Unless “six” was a typo and it shoulda said “four”, but I doubt that.)

Interesting. I haven’t done this conquest this year (too lazy). I have done it in the past and never had this happen to me.