A new monster for D3, maybe even D4, or both?

The new monster’s name will be LAG. Yes, all capital letters. Start off with it being a random rare and maybe, later on, upgrade it to a rift boss.

Underneath the name will be “True Death.” I was thinking “The Disconnector” until I thought about what spells it should use. A spike of some form. Yes a lag spike. Ice spike that will slow and has a chance of freezing. A rock spike that will stun you with a chance to knock you back. Heck why not both? Of course add Vortex or teleporter or both to the mix for that rubberbanding effect. There are a lot of spells and abilities that could simulate lag in all its forms.

Maybe it can be more of a unique monster instead of rare. Instead of purple letters, either yellow or red. You need to know how bad the LAG is right? Of course if the letters are red, then it’s tougher and stronger than its yellow letter counterpart.

NOW the real fun part would be either designating a certain monster that is already established or making up a new one. Of course making up a new one would just be mashing 2-3 existing mobs to make one.

Come one, tell me that’s not fun. Who doesn’t want to beat down on some lag? For those HC players that archive their characters when the receive a true death, they can actually PROVE that their character was killed by LAG.

I used to play a D1 mod that added a “lag monster”. It was a zombie if I remember correctly. I can’t remember if it had any special abilities though. It’s too long ago for me to remember.

1 Like

I never used any mods in D1 or D2, but I did hear others that did, even friends. Some effected game play and others, like what you just mentioned, was just for fun.

I take that back, I used one for D2. It was the Baldur’s Gate one. It was weird. Towns looked different and I was really into the Necromancer at the time, so it changed the minions. If I remember the skeleton makes were invisible. Stuff like that. Of course that was at the end of my time with D2 since WoW was about to launch.

As long as it is immune to all damage, except a dmg proc called Offline Mode, which can only be gained from a rare affix on primal amulets.

1 Like

Rubber band bloom: Aoe that moves the afflicted character(s) backwards up to five seconds repeating whatever you (or they) were doing at the time.

Oh yeah, I get that a lot when I am lagging with my frenzy barb. Funny, not so much with my spin barb. That one is more along the lines of standing still but the ww is still going in circles around the barbarian.