A New Hope for gamers

Blizzard has been treating it’s customers like idiots for 10 years.

Blizzard single handedly killed ALL their good games with stoopid moves and balance that they refused to admit were bad.

Blizzard alone killed SC2
Blizzard alone killed Overwatch
Blizzard alone , after years , came and killed Warcraft 3

After years buying all blizzard titles, with no regrets, I was 100% decided not buying D4.

The old Blizzard every hardcore gamer loved was gone for a long time.

Microsoft hopefully will make way better moves . 100% buying D4 now

3 Likes

Face the truth. There is no hope.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s still the same people working on it though, I don’t really expect any changes in direction for that game.

1 Like

I think Microsoft can beat that record hands down, while blindfolded with earplugs in, just saying.

I see changes coming that many here will not like, and nobody is left at Blizz to do anything about it.

You think the push to mobile has happened? It hasn’t even started folks.

1 Like

Blizzard has always been great at creating games.
D4 looks awesome by the videos i saw.
D3 would be good at launch too if they were not so commited at sucking money with auction house and insanely low drop rates.
Blizzard does make good games.
They for some reason tried too hard to kill them all, and they made it.
Overwatch was awesome and promising. I used to play it .
Real time strategy has a smaller playerbase due to its insanely high dificulty, but the ppl who love it never leave.
Blizzard killed SC2 and OW with “balances” alone.

This video shows how bad they destroyed OW:

It’s happening, Machete. Welcome to the forums!

3 Likes

MS just released AOE4, a really good PC game.

Blizzard doesn’t even have that many games.

MS seem to hear feedback a bit better. Blizzard actually had pleasure watching ppl rage at their bad balances. Lets see. Can’t get worse that it was going.

2 Likes

Agreed…
A new age is coming, without the influence of people not caring for gaming…
This is the beginning…
The Matrix is no more…

What if we find out MS ends up having almost nothing to do with D4 other than the publishing and final sale.

I agree, I want to see improvements not only hear about the problems being taken seriously…

If MS manages to squeeze upper management to put Blizzard on track and create a new workplace then I personally will be a customer.

2 Likes

It might be the same people working on things, but with proper funding and motivation change is certain!

Unfortunately, the problem is our system structure, which is proliferating like a cancer and destroying everything.

The profit system always serves a few people and is not in the service of the general public.

Microsoft is no different. The hope you have in all honor, but it is only the belief in what is not there.
Microsoft will make profits and I hardly believe that they will create a special game for a specific clientele for the benefit of the people, but a game that should generate the maximum sales.

And being global, they will also try to serve everyone.
Look the Asians love colorful and cuddly and maximum effects and not authentic jumping around of their heroes.

The Europeans love rather dark medieval maybe slightly gothic worlds. They can contain a lot of fantasy, but in no case should they be that colorful, even much less than that and should be much more authentic, including the hero not flipping around.
Precision is also needed here and believable realizations.
A warrior with a sword that is way too big for him, who still triggers effects as if he were a fire mage and who jumps around like a ninja on drugs from a bad movie, you don’t stand a chance here, that’s Asia Style.
Here the flaming sword has to burn gently and the warrior has to have no other magic effects, why should he? The magician must not but also act like an atomic bomb, it must be fitting and precise… The European is pretty precise there.

The more Russian players strongly like sagas and fairy tale worlds. Here it can be slightly more playful, which usually seems a bit artificial, but the basic mood is strongly based on myths and fairy tales.
Also, it is often here in a lesson that you should draw from things. And the moral of the story…

And exactly such things should all be implemented separately.

Give the Asians their kitschy, colorful heroic worlds.
But the opposite to the Europeans and I have no idea what the Africans like, the South Americans… But we are global… Cost-cutting means that we’re going to smash everything together.

Also we make an RPG half a Sims, half a shooter game and then we also want to make the menu and UI and controls to cover everything from mouse to controller…

The result is nothing half and nothing whole, but is the cheapest variant.

And then we don’t even talk about the content and its implementation, suitable for the culture and backgrounds of a society.

I don’t see so much hope in MS here… I rather have a stomach ache when I see the last 2 decades of development and how they once made solid games, more and more into a collection box full of soulless and shallow games, populated with rare exceptions.
The tendency alone to make the way of RPGs like movies is bad.
So beautifully open yet interesting and cleverly built worlds through certain mechanics, with suitably cinematic entertainment as cutscenes at the right points… That was a long time ago…

2 Likes

Well, funding I would assume won’t change until the deal is done, and that’s scheduled for summer of next year. So again, I doubt D4 will see much change.

I guess we’ll see what we see. I do believe in hope for the future of this franchise.

You think AoE 4 is a good game?

I beta tested it. It sucks. Microsoft has nothing going for them anymore either. Shut down Blizzard I say they are finished. Oh wait lets let the Chinese come in with that company named Tencent. LOOOOOL

The game will be almost ready for release by the time the deal is done.