A Little Help with Cross-progression, XB & PC

Now that I have a great new PC and got D3 with the D4 upgrade to the D Collection, I would like to take my character that I already spent lots of hours on on Xbox, and play it on PC. I saw talk that I needed to link my Xbox D3 to my BattleNet account, but I don’t know exactly how. I thought it was already instantly linked to BattleNet when I started my Xbox D3 account, but apparently not. I looked in D3 on Xbox for some option to link accounts, but couldn’t find any option for it; at first I thought it may not be displayed because I wasn’t connected to the net, but even after connecting and updating D3, I couldn’t find the option for it.

Can anyone tell me how to link accounts? Can I get a little help, please?

Hi:

Diablo 3 does not allow cross-progression… there is no way that you can play your XBox hero(es) on your PC.

Refer to this Support article for details:

3 Likes

From the Support article I linked…

CROSS-PROGRESSION

Cross-Progression allows you to play a game on PC, console, or mobile while keeping progress and collections across all devices. For paid games, Cross-Progression does not mean that you can buy a game for one platform and then play it on any platform; you are still required to buy the game for each platform.

Cross-Progression is currently available in Call of Duty, Hearthstone, Diablo Immortal, Diablo IV, Diablo II: Resurrected, and Overwatch 2.

Diablo III PC and consoles are in different universe… heck, the game on PC is different from the one on Console.

Perhaps because you didn’t check ?

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Once again:

Around 2019 when I bought it, everyone was saying “D3 doesn’t have cross-play, but it does have cross-progression.” - I even saw articles for it!

…And I’m pretty sure Blizzard was also pushing it as one of the great features of D3.

A bit of additional confirmation:

2 Likes

That would be D2R… not D3.

2 Likes

I know you meant play.  

1 Like

Yep… changed it… typing on a tablet while watching hockey game… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like